diy solar

diy solar

Recommend me a multimeter ?

Well, I have not tried to use Fluke 376FC as a multimeter. I use it to measure DC Current on my batt bank. If you need precision in 2 decimal, you need Fluke 117 as multimeter.
Maybe it's overkill, but for most of what we talk about here with LFP cells the discussions go to 3 decimal points of precision. 3.65 is not the same as 3.646, but if you only have 2 digits of precision they both could display as 3.65, or one might display as 3.64.

Edit to add: My Fluke 175 displays a full 3 decimal point precision for voltages below (I think) 6V.

Last edited:
so far my uni-t has been absolutely spot on compaired to my neightbors fluke.
it was cheap, hence why i every now and then check the calibration
I can't afford another Fluke meter so I end up buying uni-t ut61e. I hope that's good enough to test single-cell LiFePO batteries.

I can't afford another Fluke meter so I end up buying uni-t ut61e. I hope that's good enough to test single-cell LiFePO batteries.
like i said , it has been serving me well, show 2 digits after the . , and seems to be precise, confirmed by fluke..

Having started in this before the digital era, my go-to was a $400 Simpson. Would I rather go back to that meter now, NO.

like i said , it has been serving me well, show 2 digits after the . , and seems to be precise, confirmed by fluke..
My Fluke 87 V has a "high res" button you just hold for 1 second. It also turns on the backlight, but both functions are clearly labeled.

Having started in this before the digital era, my go-to was a $400 Simpson. Would I rather go back to that meter now, NO.
I am pretty sure I forgot to pick up mine from the calibration lab when I worked in Florida 4 yearsago. I had that Fluke 75 from when Reagan was president. I got a cheap meter, and finally broke down and got the newer Fluke 87 V.

I have a small collection of Fluke meters. The lab that did our calibration generally checked them and wrote up the certification tag. My favorite is a Fluke 189. I used to have a Beckman bench meter that also performed well.

Was digging through a drawer and found an old Micronata analog meter....that being RS of course. I know they sold some Flukes under their name, but don't know who made their analog meters.

Back