diy solar

diy solar

Recommendation for 48v 3kw Inverter?

ArkCabinMan

Amps & Volts
I'm looking for make/model recommendations for a 48-volt, 3,000 watt (continuous) low-frequency inverter to power up a deep-well pump.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Markansas

I'm looking for make/model recommendations for a 48-volt, 3,000 watt (continuous) low-frequency inverter to power up a deep-well pump.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Markansas
3kw sounds rather low for a standard deep well pump, the startup surge will be way beyond that... My goulds pulls over 37a per leg when starting.
Is your pump a grundfos, how did you determine you need 3kw?

Pump make/model not yet determined, but we're thinking 220v 1hp, more like 15 amps continuous?

I'd look at grundfos pumps, that's what my replacement pump will be. They are extremely efficient and reliable from what I've read here and elsewhere.
My standard pump is a 1hp around 300' pulls 37a startup surge and runs around 8a.

Okay, we will continue to review the pump's power requirements.
Thanks..!

I'd look at grundfos pumps, that's what my replacement pump will be. They are extremely efficient and reliable from what I've read here and elsewhere.
A 120v grundfos is on my wish list.
I can live without 220v output and the cost of building a system that requires it.
I could power a grundfos 120v pump with my cheap HF 3500w inverter

If you don't need 220v AC, going with a grundfos is the way to go.

No one mentioned the horsepower of the pumps, but that will translate (mostly) to the running current required.

I've got a 45 year old 1/2HP 120V well pump that runs on my Schneider SW4024 (3600W continuous). That's a LF inverter, which may be the only reason it is able to start the pump. When it finally gives out, I've got the appropriate 230V Grundfos picked out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Markansas
This one from Aims is one I've been wanting to try. I've heard good things about it.

But if you don't have the pump yet you really should look at the Grundfos SQ as has been mentioned.

My standard pump is a 1hp around 300' pulls 37a startup surge and runs around 8a.
My 1 HP 3 Wire pulls surges the same but runs 11 amps continuous. It's sitting at 400' though. The SQE with the constant pressure controller will be what I replace it with it if I have the funds when it's time. Amazing system. I installed one for an off grid customer and fell in love with it.

Back