diy solar

diy solar

Recommendations for hybrid inverter.

Jimmynik1

yep
Wanting a lv2424 or similar for my 24v 560ah system.
Thinking of
or
or an actual lv2424 depending on lead times when i go to buy it.
Looking for input on them and some pro/cons. I know high idle consumption is a con, it'd be plugged into ac anyway set to priority charge on solar so no idle draw.
Appreciate any guidance.

These high-frequency inverters have NO meaningful surge, so anything using an electric motor under load may have problems starting. That means refrigerators, air-conditioners, pumps, compressors, power tools, ect. These items will only start if their starting surge power is less than the total capacity of the inverter. For example, the starting surge of my well pump is 3.8X the running wattage. But, the starting surge of a window fan is only 1.1X.

Wanting a lv2424 or similar for my 24v 560ah system.
Thinking of
or
or an actual lv2424 depending on lead times when i go to buy it.
Looking for input on them and some pro/cons. I know high idle consumption is a con, it'd be plugged into ac anyway set to priority charge on solar so no idle draw.
Appreciate any guidance.
You should ask Growatt to see if their inverter is Low Frequency (LF) transformer based or not.
Growatt is shown as 37Lbs, the LV2424 is only 17 lbs because it is High frequency (HF) inverter. Most LF inverter can handle high surge power duration longer than HF inverter.

These high-frequency inverters have NO meaningful surge, so anything using an electric motor under load may have problems starting. That means refrigerators, air-conditioners, pumps, compressors, power tools, ect. These items will only start if their starting surge power is less than the total capacity of the inverter. For example, the starting surge of my well pump is 3.8X the running wattage. But, the starting surge of a window fan is only 1.1X.
Thanks, I'm really only making a little system for emergency use to run the fridge @ 4a ac max and recirc pumps for the baseboard. I don't foresee a need for any huge items being added.

You should ask Growatt to see if their inverter is Low Frequency (LF) transformer based or not.
Growatt is shown as 37Lbs, the LV2424 is only 17 lbs because it is High frequency (HF) inverter. Most LF inverter can handle high surge power duration longer than HF inverter.
Yea that's a good thought. I'll check that out thanks.

Yea that's a good thought. I'll check that out thanks.
Did you ever reach out to them or decide on what inverter you were going to go with? IM also looking into getting one for a small cabin so wanted to see if you had gotten one and why? Thank you!

Back