diy solar

diy solar

Recommendations for sourcing 3.2v LifePO4 "EVE" or other quality cells in the UK?

coalfield

Looking to source some quality 3.2v cells for a DIY battery, but am based out of the UK do don't have access to local stores in the US, only direct ship from China.

Doncan Technology looks to have good cells based on the forum thread however I cant access the US stores so have to rely on China shipping and the appropriate taxes.

I wondered if anyone from the UK have any tried and tested suppliers for 3.2v cells for shipping that I could purchase from with peace of mind, or if Doncan for example cells would be identical even if I order direct from China?

My goal is to make a 24V 200Ah or similar!

Looking to source some quality 3.2v cells for a DIY battery, but am based out of the UK do don't have access to local stores in the US, only direct ship from China.

Doncan Technology looks to have good cells based on the forum thread however I cant access the US stores so have to rely on China shipping and the appropriate taxes.

I wondered if anyone from the UK have any tried and tested suppliers for 3.2v cells for shipping that I could purchase from with peace of mind, or if Doncan for example cells would be identical even if I order direct from China?

For Europe I usually suggest Dongguan. They ship it by train.
https://shandian.en.alibaba.com/

We have more representative from the company here like @Hayley Miu . So you can write directly to her here or on the Alibaba chat.

Also you can find some Dongguan order and then cells test post here.

For Europe I usually suggest Dongguan. They ship it by train.
https://shandian.en.alibaba.com/

We have more representative from the company here like @Hayley Miu . So you can write directly to her here or on the Alibaba chat.

Also you can find some Dongguan order and then cells test post here.

Thank you

They seem to have 2 different options. Do you know which would be the better between CATL and LISHEN?

Thank you

They seem to have 2 different options. Do you know which would be the better between CATL and LISHEN?

I like the EVE cells more. Least problem with that.
Also if you can go for the 280Ah version. The price / Wh is better.
But to choose from CATL of Lishen ... which one is better? I do not know.
CATL cells use the Tesla Model 3 cars. But here is some CATL 310Ah cells that get a bit puffy.

I like the EVE cells more. Least problem with that.
Also if you can go for the 280Ah version. The price / Wh is better.
But to choose from CATL of Lishen ... which one is better? I do not know.
CATL cells use the Tesla Model 3 cars. But here is some CATL 310Ah cells that get a bit puffy.
Super thanks for your advice I am contacting them, however cannot see EVE cells on there alibaba listing at least

Any recommendations for a 200A BMS and balancer? I was going to go for the non smart Daly (I think its 250A), but open to advise!

Super thanks for your advice I am contacting them, however cannot see EVE cells on there alibaba listing at least
Ask them. Sometimes they write only 272-280Ah and that is Lishen or EVE.

Any recommendations for a 200A BMS and balancer? I was going to go for the non smart Daly (I think its 250A), but open to advise!

For 48V I would say to check out here the JK Heltec active balance BMS

But for 24V ...
I do not like Daly.

I have been using the non-smart Daly (80A/16s) as a newbie. I found that curiosity and other concerns (dodgy cells from OYE store) lead to me manually checking voltages often as they approached high or low charge. With hindsight I'd just paid a little more for the smart one, and I'll certainly go for it if I do another DIY pack build.

I understand you can also adjust the cutoff voltages with the smart one too. On the 80A non-smart the low voltage cutoff is 2.2v (even for LiFePo4). Practically, cutoff will likely occur under load, i.e. with some voltage drop, and on disconnect the voltage is indeed around 2.5v BUT I still find it a bit low/disconcerting.

Oh, I'm in the UK too (not that it's relevant).. nice to see others having a go.

Where in the UK are you? I need to replace a 320ah cell just had 1 of 8 delivered damaged :-( there's an aliexpress supplier with EU stock so quick delivery fancy a group buy to save some ££

Hey, any update about good cells with fast shipping to the uk?
I'm looking to build a battery and solar array for my old motorhome.

Thanks

Hey, any update about good cells with fast shipping to the uk?
I'm looking to build a battery and solar array for my old motorhome.

Thanks
Am interested in this info as well, with my consumption and price of power going through the roof, I am looking for a 10-20KW battery storage solution, but looking of reliable solutions to the UK. really interested in the 280AH EVE batteries.

Any tips will be appreciated

Hi, did you order the batteries and if so what did you go for and with who. Was the postage a lot from China. Uk myself as well as other so will be good to get some feed back on your experience

Try out Fogstar, they have a offer /discount i think every friday, check for offer on facebook. Not in stock - but can preorder.
Screenshot_20220925-125348_Chrome.jpg

Back