diy solar

diy solar

Recycling Old Solar Panels

VictoriaEnergy

Hey guys, I'm with a solar company and we are looking for solutions for recycling old panels that we have. We want to do it the right way though, what services do any of you use to recycle these? Any tips or tricks, or even a place you use to sell your old ones?

Thanks in advance for your help!

or even a place you use to sell your old ones?

eBay and Craigslist.
If you have a large quantity, a couple sellers we buy from like Santan Solar might buy them.

But of course we here would be happy to cut out the middle man and deal direct with you.

eBay and Craigslist.
If you have a large quantity, a couple sellers we buy from like Santan Solar might buy them.

But of course we here would be happy to cut out the middle man and deal direct with you.
Thanks, I don't have an inventory of what we have just yet.

I agree with Hedges. If it’s large quantities of the same panels (solar farm de-installs), I’d work with a reseller like SanTan Solar and clear the warehouse in one swoop. If these are small lots from personal residences, then I’d open a thread on here of what was available and sell them by the entire lot. Then you minimize the extra work of dealing with shipping via freight to multiple locations.

Pricing depends on whether it’s better for your business to add an additional revenue stream by reselling, or focusing resources on your core business.

Yes! We are very concerned with proper disposal! I would appreciate the name of the company you are talking about. We have found a few good options but they are very large companies that deal with large scale disposal. So we are still pursing options and gathering information.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you ever able to get pricing information if folks want to buy some of these?

Were you ever able to get pricing information if folks want to buy some of these?
I was not. The ones we had in the warehouse were a little older but we were able to find projects that they were compatible with. So for now, we do not have anything to offer.

Back