diy solar

diy solar

Redodo 200Ah Plus charging

tmcblane

I just received my Redodo 200ah Plus with 200a BMS. The battery arrived at 13.1v so I guess about 40%, I was told by them that it will accept up to 100 amps charging but they recommend 40 amps, so I am using a progressive dynamics 9160ALV which is 14.6v capable and 60 amps. I turn it on and the highest I can get out of the charger or into the battery is 43 amps, so I turn on the WFCO charger that is lithium compatible and 40 amps, went up like an amp. Its like the BMS is limiting the input charging amps. Also the voltage only got to 13.87v when it apparently was fully charged and the amps dropped to 1.3 Can anyone shed light on this?? Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
I was wondering about those batteries and was thinking of getting one. Guess I’ll wait till you get your answer.

I was wondering about those batteries and was thinking of getting one. Guess I’ll wait till you get your answer.
It isnt the battery, its the Progressive dynamics charger, they changed the charge pattern to 2 stage, I was only averaging about 13 amps an hour (I just checked my log it took 5.5 hours to put 71 hours back in), I contacted them and they said "
It is possible to manually activate charge mode using the PD92201 remote pendant.
Solving for the low charging amperage will take a little detective work." Direct from their guru. I bought a Recpro 60amp charger for less than half the cost of the PD, I installed it and BAM it charged like a champ, it has adustable voltage to set where you want it. I love the battery and choose it because of Will's teardown.

Last edited:
It isnt the battery, its the Progressive dynamics charger, they changed the charge pattern to 2 stage, I was only averaging about 13 amps an hour (I just checked my log it took 5.5 hours to put 71 hours back in), I contacted them and they said "
It is possible to manually activate charge mode using the PD92201 remote pendant.
Solving for the low charging amperage will take a little detective work." Direct from their guru. I bought a Recpro 60amp charger for less than half the cost of the PD, I installed it and BAM it charged like a champ, it has adustable voltage to set where you want it. I love the battery and choose it because of Will's teardown.
Good to know. So it was your charger. I think I will go with Renogy. Also because of Will’s tear down and advice. The fact that they are North American made is also a plus For me. Thanks for ur reply. I would look into getting them if I go with a large solar build. Save $$$ where I can.

The point was simply to clarify that they are not North American made which typically implies manufactured.

I just wanted to clarify that for posterity so no one reads this post in the future and claims that Renogy has the only battery made in North America, it must be true since I read it on the DIY forum. Obviously you know the difference but not everyone reading this does.

I did not mean to upset anyone or imply anything. Just a simple statement of fact.

Follow up post, battery has worked great! I threw the Progressive dynamics away it was junk in my opinion since they changed the charging program. I replaced it with a 50 amp Recpro adjustable charger that has worked well.

Back