diy solar

diy solar

Refinance rates

Hedges

I See Electromagnetic Fields!
If you haven't noticed recent mortgage rates, take a look now!
For decades, 6% 30 year fixed was the unattainably low rate my mother had on her house, assumed in 1965 and initiated around 1955.
As rates have fallen over the past couple decades, I've paid to refinance over and over again, locking in once-in-a-lifetime low rates, most recently 3.5% 30 year a decade ago.

I'm now in the process of getting a 15 year fixed, 1.99% (2.185% APR on account of points & costs) refinance.

Mortgage processor is LoanMonkey, and Quicken will be the lender. (Quicken's posted rates were not competitive.)

I had clicked on a link for Lending Tree, after seeing a particularly low rate posted. Had to enter contact info to receive rate estimates, and phone was ringing before I could read the first page. Fastest one to call was the one with the lowest rate, but they were talking 0.5% higher than what was written. No, that wasn't out of date as they claimed, rates had only trended downward.

Got many calls and emails from Lending Tree advertisers. Most recent this morning, obviously offering hard money because he assumed I had low LTV or poor credit.

I had gone back to Bankrate.com, where I usually shop financials. Their most attractive listing was LoanMonkey. But proceeding with their links to apply, I would have to agree they could sell my contact info to five other institutions who would market to me. So I looked up LoanMonkey and applied direct.

In process now, looking on track to close in 1 month total.

With the money you save, just think what you could do in terms of energy independence, maybe even renewable transportation!

Wow that's unheard of, I've never seen rates this low... I just sold my home in June so I could start building my off-grid property and I know now is also a great time to sell homes (people are buying them up like hotcakes with the interest rates so low now). Mine was at 4% on a 30-year fixed...

Back