diy solar

diy solar

Refrigerator flickering lights with EcoFlow

dmholmes

I have a Reliance manual transfer switched used with a generator, Giandel inverter + battery, or AC200P without any issues. I got an EcoFlow Delta mini (x2) and using that source my refrigerator lights are flickering and the power draw seems higher than I see with the other power sources. The light on the L14-30 to 5-15 flickers also. This issue does not happen if the refrigerator is plugged directly into the Delta mini.

I will get the electrician that installed the switch to take a look, but is there anything I can troubleshoot? Both Delta minis cause this to happen. I've swapped out the L14-30 adapter and extension cord from the mini to the switch.

I also have a Reliance manual transfer switch and have observed the same behavior with the two systems I have where the AC voltage is measured at 110V or 115V. When I use my Victron inverter (120V) I don't see any flickering. So I've always assumed it's either the lower voltage or perhaps quality of the sine wave. It's interesting to me that you don't get flickering when you plug the fridge directly into the Delta minis.

I'm curious if you've measured the AC voltage from your various systems.

Thanks @Bob142. I checked with watt meter on the fridge AC plug yesterday. Voltage was 122 on grid, 119 from Delta mini and transfer switch. Doesn't seem like much difference.

Unfortunately in my haste to troubleshoot I plugged the Delta mini into AC charging to see if the EPS/UPS/bypass would change anything. That's no bueno of course (home AC outlet -> Delta mini -> transfer switch -> main panel circuit breaker). That tripped the GFCI on the home outlet and now the inverter and the AC charging do not work on the mini. Waiting to see what EcoFlow support will say.

I'm using a Reliance manual transfer switch with an Ecoflow Delta Pro in Canada. The transfer switch was installed by an electrician and is attached to the 30A AC port on the front of the Delta Pro. I've noticed that the lights in my house have a fairly regular flicker while powered by the Delta Pro (AC inverter, not grid passthrough), perhaps every 5 seconds, sometimes more, but they do not flicker when the transfer switch is flipped over to grid power. I used a KILL A WATT EZ P3 monitor in various outlets of my house to test the AC from the Delta Pro. I see a constant 60.0 Hz coming from the Delta Pro, but the voltage fluctuates between 120.2 - 120.5, and sometimes it dips down to 119.8 or even 119.4. X-Boost is turned off on the Delta Pro. When it dips below 120V, the APC UPS for my computer trips and goes to battery for a couple of seconds. I've had to remove the UPS because the constant clicking was annoying and each time it went back to grid power it would cause a spike in wattage before settling. This particular issue seems to happen only when I'm not using much AC power, but I haven't figured out exactly what causes it. I suspect it's the voltage dropping below 120V. When connected to grid power, the KILL A WATT P3 shows that the grid is 122V - 123V. I don't know what to do about the flickering lights, it is very annoying.

I am also using a Reliance ProTran2 with a Samlex 4024 and Victron Phoenix 1200/24v and I have flickering led lights with both and no flickering with grid power. voltage is stable. I dont know if it is grounding related with the case ground. When i installed the Phoenix it was going to fault with the bonded neutral, so i moved to neutral floating. the output and was showing a open ground with a outlet tester, but when connected to the Reliance panel outlets tested correct with ground. Any suggestions?

Back