diy solar

diy solar

Remembering Amy

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
Amy Beaudet, our very own Solar Queen, has passed away.

Amy Beaudet, affectionately known as ‘The Solar Queen’ and a pioneer in the field of renewable energy, passed away on Sunday, May 2, 2021 at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. She was 55 years old.
AltE has a notice at https://www.altestore.com/blog/2021...sing-of-our-beloved-solar-queen/#.YJRQA7VKiUk

She was a great educator and I'll miss her wit and charm. I didn't know her personally, but she was so warm and friendly in her videos that it felt like I did.

I'll miss you Amy

This is so sad. She was so passionate on the subject matter which helped the learning process. #RIP :cry:

Excerpts from her obituary:
She was proud to have helped millions of people on every continent with projects ranging from lighthouses to experiments in the Arctic.

After graduating from Assabet Valley Vocational High School in Marlborough, MA, class of1983, Amy became a professional cabinet maker. She studied electrical engineering and was a pioneer in the video conferencing industry working with several local companies. She loved nothing more than mentoring and guiding young people to follow their dreams.

She loved to be outdoors sailing and racing their schooner, The Green Dragon, skiing at Sunday River or in the Alps, kayaking, and hiking. Her adventurous and social spirit led her to join numerous groups including Women Who Sail, Women Black Diamond Skiers, the Sunday River Ski Community, American Schooner Association, and several Assabet High School Alumni Committees. When it came to travel, Amy was all in. She traveled all over the world with her husband and friends immersing herself in the local culture, inspiring everyone she met.

What a dear lady. Methinks it's extra sunny in the afterlife today.

Very sad to hear this...was watching a utube this morning where she explained & demonstrated parallel vs series panel effects from shading.

sad indeed, loved her way of explaining things ,she will definitely be missed i am sure

This is awful. I didn't know her but I always enjoyed reading her posts.

This is my favorite post by her... getting ice for her friends...
I read that post too. That said a lot about her as well as all of her other posts. Always willing to help.

RIP Solar Queen.

Oh wow, I thought she was recovered when she reappeared making more helpful videos. Sad news indeed :sneaky:

Very great person taken from us way to early...so said...she was always there to help all kinds of people she never knew....

Un believable..... :(.....

Back