diy solar

diy solar

Reminder why panels on the roof are not always great

OffGridEnclave

with winter hitting central europa properly, this is a good time to remind people why it
is sometimes not the greatest idea to have all your solar on the roof..

->

Most of my panels are setup on ground level (concrete foundation),
or on 2,5m high pillars. the pillars are good compromise of accessability and space effiancy .
The pillars are selfdesign and made by a local blacksmith according to my specs.
(please ignore the very proffesional cabeling in the photo, was early test phase )

TheHappyBunker_solar-1-1024x661.jpg

Last edited:
I’m planning to put mine on the roof to make them harder to steal.
It would be much easier for me to put them on the ground, but they would disappear the first time we were away from home.
I am fabricating the roof mounts myself.
I understand (barely) that there is an angle the panels should be at for best operation.
Will have to come up with a way to lower the panels or somehow secure them for 120mph (193kph) wind, we have hurricanes here, would rather have snow to deal with!

I’m planning to put mine on the roof to make them harder to steal.
It would be much easier for me to put them on the ground, but they would disappear the first time we were away from home.
I am fabricating the roof mounts myself.
I understand (barely) that there is an angle the panels should be at for best operation.
Will have to come up with a way to lower the panels or somehow secure them for 120mph (193kph) wind, we have hurricanes here, would rather have snow to deal with!

Back