diy solar

diy solar

Remote monitoring

Notes

Searching for info on remote monitoring my Midnite Classic charge controller. Currently just have cell service. The Classic info reads RS232/ModBus. Could this be accomplished with a hotspot or maybe Starlink?

Yes for sure starlink will work. I have a router pluged into the starlink. You use the mymidnite2.com do view all your classics. I can see all 4 of mine. Look on you tube Midnite has great how to videos

I think you used the expensive Cel-Fi Go X booster. But it's still excellent value. The GO works better than boosters that cost thousands of dollars more because it has a 100-dB gain.

Covers the whole house

Even if your outdoor signal isn't very strong, the GO X will cover thousands of square feet because it has a high gain.

Excellent app and information on how to diagnose

The Cel-Fi GO X has a great iOS and Android app with advanced diagnostics that help you point the outdoor antenna in the right direction.

Single carrier, but can switch software

The GO X can only boost signal for one carrier at a time, but the iOS and Android apps let you switch between AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and US Cellular.

Howdy,

I've been monitoring my off-grid system, remotely using cellular, for years.

On the MidNite Forum checkout the sections 'Raspberry Pi' and 'Node Red'.

Your will need a MidNite Classic, an ethernet cable, a Raspberry Pi, and some sort of cellular or starlink interface.

Thru the years I've used my cellphone's hotspot, a cell modem and finally the T-Mobile Home Internet router.

Enjoy....

Attachments

• NodeRed.PNG
    NodeRed.PNG
    61.3 KB · Views: 12
Back