diy solar

diy solar

Remote off Grid Cabin with Solar assistant - publish mqtt to cloud broker

riftware

Greetings,
I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong spot. I'm new and did a quick search but didn't seem to find anything that exactly matched my topic.

Setup:
I have a new rural property about an hour away from home that I have setup with an EG4 6500EX-48, a EG4 48 volt battey an 4 Renogy 320 watt 24 volt panels.
I have also put my raspberry PI down there with Solar Assistant installed and working correctly communicating over a lte hotspot- I can access it from home via the solar assistant site.

My goal: I'm trying to keep an eye on battery temperature as the building is not heated. I've built an insulated enclosure for the battery and put an rv water tank heater pad in there with it.
I've also got a esp8266 setup (think wireless arduino) with a couple of LM75A sensors so I can log temperature. I've setup homeadvisor on a cloud server I own in a docker container and I've added a Mosquito MQQT broker to it.

I can publish the temperature to the broker just fine. However since I've setup Home Advisor and the broker I'd love to be able to have Solar assistant publish to that broker too. The documentation about home advisor and the solar assistant mqtt broker it has seems to assume that the home advisor broker will reach out to the solar assistant broker to subscribe etc. Given this remote site is on a hotspot though I can't assume a stable external ip address for the solar assistant raspberry pi. I'd like to have the information pushed up to my fixed IP server where the mosquitto broker is running. I realize i could probably put a second Raspberry Pi at the remote site and bridge the stream up to my cloud based broker but before I do that (with the additional power requirements) is there a better way to accomplish my goals?

Back