diy solar

diy solar

Remote wireless switching of heater help needed

Sorry - I am probably not being clear. Batteries and all solar electronics are in my power shed. 100 feet away is my residential cabin and that is where I want to leave a heater plugged in and have it triggered by the battery SOC in the power shed. I have the cabin wired and already have a line buried between power shed and cabin and looking for a wireless solution to control heater.
And you also want it to be automatic too using the Victron to control it (heater), correct?

Y

Yes, that is correct - thanks for help in clarifying things
I see now, and you will probably want to be able to override the Victron too in case Victron keeps the heater off but you want to turn on the heater if you need to.

I do have the MK3-USB and have programmed the Multiplus with it.
So you should be able to set up the relays to do what you want. I havent given it much thought but it should probably be possible to program one of the assistants to operate the relay to start sending power to the heater.

I see now, and you will probably want to be able to override the Victron too in case Victron keeps the heater off but you want to turn on the heater if you need to.
Yes, in a perfect world, but I know I could work around that if I didn't have that functionality...

This appears to be absolutely doable.

Disclamer: This is just from running VE configure to a fake target. I did not actually test it.
  1. Open up VE configure3 and go to assistants tab
  2. Click add assistant and select programmable relay.
  3. Decide which relay you want to use
  4. Decide if you are going to set relay off or on
  5. Pick the switch conditions (either state of charge or charge state I assume)
  6. Decide if you want to use one of the extra drive options
  7. Pick the drive based on charge state (if you picked charge state in #5)

Back