diy solar

diy solar

"Renewed" Bluetti units from MaxOak

Tomtomtom

Has anyone purchased a renewed/refurbished Bluetti unit from the MaxOak site? They seem stupid cheap.

https://maxoak.net/pages/deal-news

The big EP units are LiPo, so probably not a good deal for something that may burn your house down.

The AC200p for $593 or EB70 for $205, both with lifepo4 cells, look like a good deal though.

Any experience?

Screenshot_20211111-152026.pngScreenshot_20211111-152045.png

They have a similar deal going on alliexpress. Main thing is that the 12v outlets aren't as efficient as you would imagine and if you leave the inverter running with no load it can kill the battery in a couple days. It is an interesting option. It says they will replace with another unit up to 3x in a set period big time. Which makes me wonder if there is a reason for multiple replacements?

I might be stupid for buying one but I just did.

$641 including taxes and shipping.

I'm not sure why they would offer 3 different exchanges on this deal. Maybe they have low confidence in these units and expect them to be exchanged frequently in replace of offering a refund?

Reactions: feo
I ordered eb70 and ac2000p.
I ordered an EB70 that arrived today. The charger is a little beat up, but everything else looks almost new. It powers up and seems to charge fine.

I'll see if I can do at least a capacity test this week.
How many days did it take to receive it?

I placed my order late on 11/10 and it was delivered from Las Vegas to Oakland, CA on the 11/13.
Thanks, I ordered both eb-70 and ac200p yesterday. I think I will receive them by end of this week. I will report If I find anything wrong.
Any specific/frequent issues with these units I should be looking for ?

EB70 is pretty terrible device and should be avoid of all cost IMHO.

What problem exactly does it have?
Cost down too much when they design it with substandard component I guess. Substandard 8A solar charging limit. Noisy fan, terrible bottom and UI design and terrible brick charger with fan in it.

Thanks, I ordered both eb-70 and ac200p yesterday. I think I will receive them by end of this week. I will report If I find anything wrong.
Any specific/frequent issues with these units I should be looking for ?

I ordered my AC200P on Saturday and it shipped today with a UPS tracking #. :)

Cost down too much when they design it with substandard component I guess. Substandard 8A solar charging limit. Noisy fan, terrible bottom and UI design and terrible brick charger with fan in it.

The EB70 is the same price as the Jackery 500, and it blows it out of the water.

200 more watts of power, LFP for 5X the cycles and 2X the solar charging.

My plan for using it would be outdoor where I don't have access to 120v outlet so I don't care as much as I have for solar charging. As long as it can cook one meals per day (equal to 150w) keep the fridge on (250w/day) and keep a heated blanket warm overnight (210W/7 hours) it will work for me.
And 200Watts of charging while you can use the unit is not bad actually for a 700w watts unit. I will check that with 270watt of solar.

Last edited:
The EB70 is the same price as the Jackery 500, and it blows it out of the water.

200 more watts of power, LFP for 5X the cycles and 2X the solar charging.
I am sure no one would be able to build a unit with this specifications cheaper than $205.
Lifepo4 cells 55-60Ah
200w MPPT charge controller, 28
Pure sine wave inverter 700W
Power supply
Outlets and USB sockets
Box and enclosures and cables
and labor

Brand new, it may not have been a great deal, and even that would depend on the use case.

At the price of $226 delivered to my door, for my needs, in theory at least, it's a great value for me. Now, I haven't tested it yet, and it may crap out immediately, but on paper at least, it's good.

My plan for using it would be outdoor where I don't have access to 120v outlet so I don't care as much as I have for solar charging. As long as it can cook one meals per day (equal to 150w) keep the fridge on (250w/day) and keep a heated blanket warm overnight (210W/7 hours) it will work for me.
And 200Watts of charging while you can use the unit is not bad actually for a 700w watts unit. I will check that with 270watt of solar.
Please let me how the test results come out. SC video show problem with heat gun even setting to Low.
I would like to know if it has inverter problem or not and at what Voltage it puts out with loads.
I watch two vdieo, one by HOBOTECH that shows good result with heater load but another video shows bad result by SC.

For $222 total price to my house I may buy it.

Please let me how the test results come out. SC video show problem with heat gun even setting to Low.

For $222 total price to my house I may buy it.

The main issue with the EcoFlow River is it doesn't use Lifepo4. That's fine if you are okay with only 500 cycles before battery degradation.

The main issue with the EcoFlow River is it doesn't use Lifepo4. That's fine if you are okay with only 500 cycles before battery degradation.
I'm looking into the renewed EB70 (not EcoFlow) but then I see the heat gun test on SC video so I wonder if there Renew EB70 will have the same issue or not before buying it.

Last edited:
I did a little testing of the EB70 with some appliances around the house.

An 800W quartz resistance heater:
No problem, but it actually only drew just over 700W. At half power, about 325W, voltage dropped from 110V at idle to 109.5V. At full power voltage was back up at 111.3V.

I tried running a 1250W hair dryer on low speed and low heat, which should have been around 600W, but the inverter would shut off and give an error, "SHORT". The power factor on the hair dryer on low speed was around 0.7.

I tried the same thing with a space heater with a fan, and the result was similar. The inverter was able to run the fans, but not the fans and heaters. It seems the inverter does not handle inductive motor loads very well.

It was able to start and run my refrigerator though, but the fridge is pretty new and only draws 100-150W.

The issue with waking the display seems to be resolved. If the display is off, pressing the DC or AC power button only wakes the screen. A second press is needed to turn either output on or off.

Back