diy solar

diy solar

"Renewed" Bluetti units from MaxOak

I am looking for suggestions to remedy a partially working EB70. I purchased a refurbished unit and the screen has gone blank and the AC side shuts down immediately after turning on. I have made 4 attempts, through "service@bluetti.com", to obtain a RMA approval for return to repair or replace. There has been zero communication from the request. I have considered just sending the unit in to the address on the shipping label, but, would like to follow their approved steps for service. Does anyone have any recommendatio
If you bought it from Maxoak, try them first, not Bluetti. service@maxoak.net
I usually got a response a day or two after emailing

Requests were made through both email address's(Maxoak and Bluetti). I got in touch with an individual at the Maxoak sales phone number and was told to correspond with the Bluetti email address. The unit was purchased through Maxoak. It was sent from Bluetti Power Inc. in Las vegas.

See my post #64 on how I was able to get response from them.

Last edited:
Argh, just tried to buy a renewed EB70 from AliExpress. It said they had 5 but they went away (sold out?) during checkout. Dang! Last time they ran out it was a month before they restocked and I was hoping to have it in two weeks. If someone on here bought one, cool. But if it was some ebay flipper then I'm going to be annoyed. ;-)

Somewhat related question: Is getting one of the renewed EB 150s dumb at this point? I mostly don't *need* the extra power over the EB70 (basically camping and running lights and 12v fridge and laptop), but having a little extra power would be a nice-to-have as a emergency power supply at home (with some tradeoff on size). I realize the battery tech isn't as good, and it's kind of big, but for $100 more than an EB70, for maybe 2-3 years of usage (I'm sure I'll upgrade by then), is it goofy to consider?

Last edited:
Sounds like a good deal to me. I have had the (EB70) non-renewed version for almost a year, and I have no complaints. I paid I think $400.

EB70 from Aliexpress? I bought my from Maxoak.net in the US.
I wonder how the warranty will work if buying from Aliexpress.
Never mind: I found it and it is shipped from US.
Yeah, for some reason they cost more via Ali vs. Maxoak. But I haven't seen the Maxoak EB70 refurbs at all in 2022. It's kind of weird that they don't sell direct since they're shipping from US and Ali probably takes a chunk in fees

Sounds like a good deal to me. I have had the (EB70) non-renewed version for almost a year, and I have no complaints. I paid I think $400.

Are you saying the EB150 is a good deal (or the EB70 at $269).

I think I'm going to hold out for the EB70. The 150 is just too big to carry around for single overnight power usages. If I find I need more I can get one later, DIY or whatever?

Yeah, for some reason they cost more via Ali vs. Maxoak. But I haven't seen the Maxoak EB70 refurbs at all in 2022. It's kind of weird that they don't sell direct since they're shipping from US and Ali probably takes a chunk in fees

Are you saying the EB150 is a good deal (or the EB70 at $269).

I think I'm going to hold out for the EB70. The 150 is just too big to carry around for single overnight power usages. If I find I need more I can get one later, DIY or whatever?
I'm just saying the EB70 has been a good unit for me, and the $269 for the renewed sounds good.

I'm just saying the EB70 has been a good unit for me, and the $269 for the renewed sounds good.
Thanks. I managed to grab one. Supposed to ship from US, but we'll see -- It says 5-9 days delivery on the aliexpress product site, but "your order will ship in 12 days" on my actual invoice, which kind of sucks.

Thanks. I managed to grab one. Supposed to ship from US, but we'll see -- It says 5-9 days delivery on the aliexpress product site, but "your order will ship in 12 days" on my actual invoice, which kind of sucks.
I bet you get it sooner. I use my eb70 lots camping, the inverter has enough power to run my single serve coffee maker, and I also use it to run a compressor DC fridge. I have over 400 watts of folding panels, so I can boondock almost indefinitely with the 100ah SOK house battery and the bluetti and other power stations. If it gets really cloudy, I can run the honda genny as a last resort.

I ordered from the Aliexpress part. my stuff showed up. Took about 10 days, but it came in. Everything looks brand new. Ordered the EB70, EB240, and an AC200P. Different orders for each. I’m happy with them so far.

I bet you get it sooner. I use my eb70 lots camping, the inverter has enough power to run my single serve coffee maker, and I also use it to run a compressor DC fridge. I have over 400 watts of folding panels, so I can boondock almost indefinitely with the 100ah SOK house battery and the bluetti and other power stations. If it gets really cloudy, I can run the honda genny as a last resort.
Thanks. I just got a message that said I needed to "extend" my order so it doesn't get auto-canceled, so I'm doubtful on the "sooner."

Now I need some (at least one, right?) panel(s). This is mostly for vehicle-based adventure camping. We don't have a ton power needs, but I'd love to be able to keep a 40-50L 12v fridge working for 2-3 days when staying in one place. I think for single overnight stays, the EB70 should be OK alone and that's our usual use case. Though occasionally we'll find a nice spot and want to stick around for a couple nights.
I ordered from the Aliexpress part. my stuff showed up. Took about 10 days, but it came in. Everything looks brand new. Ordered the EB70, EB240, and an AC200P. Different orders for each. I’m happy with them so far.
Thanks for the response. Apparently they're doing inventory on the warehouse. It would have been nice if they had noted this up front, but oh well. Probably still would have ordered.

Thanks. I just got a message that said I needed to "extend" my order so it doesn't get auto-canceled, so I'm doubtful on the "sooner."

Now I need some (at least one, right?) panel(s). This is mostly for vehicle-based adventure camping. We don't have a ton power needs, but I'd love to be able to keep a 40-50L 12v fridge working for 2-3 days when staying in one place. I think for single overnight stays, the EB70 should be OK alone and that's our usual use case. Though occasionally we'll find a nice spot and want to stick around for a couple nights.

Thanks for the response. Apparently they're doing inventory on the warehouse. It would have been nice if they had noted this up front, but oh well. Probably still would have ordered.
Mine arrived early last week. Once it shipped it got here fast. It looked basically unused (maybe it had been out of the package and the cords/adapters unpacked). All the ports work (as i mentioned, I still don't have solar, but that goes through the same port as the charger so I should be good there. I've run a couple AC loads and I think I'm getting just over 600Wh, which, and correct me if I'm wrong here, is about right when factoring in the inverter overhead.

I'm not sure if it's EB70 or 70s. The box notes "800W" for the inverter (which would be EB70s), but the text on the front by the AC ports says 700w (non-S). I'd assume this means they just stuck and EB70 into an EB70S box, yet it also has the updated front with brighter LED switch lights and the longer time out (30 seconds vs 5 seconds) for the display panel, both of which are EB70s updates. I need to bust out my digital heat gun and see if I can generate a constant 780-800w load and see if it handles that, but honestly, I think I'm OK either way.

<<edit: It will run a space heater on "low" at 795w for a good while. I ran it 10-15 minutes and got bored. I think it will probably continue past that so I'm going to assume it has the 800w inverter.

By the way, it didn't like the heat gun at all. I'm not sure if that's the EB70s issue or the heat gun, but I'm leaning toward the heat gun. As soon as I'd try to turn up the heat past the pure fan setting, it would trip the outlet. I don't have a watt meter so I'm not sure what's going on. The gun is digitally controlled so I thought there'd be a gradual current draw as I went up 20 degree steps. But I couldn't even get it one step. I'm thinking the gun must fire the heat elements to "max" when called, then adjust current draw downward to hit the target temp >>

Thanks everyone for their help! (and feel free to toss me a price-appropriate, semi-portable (camping use) 150-200w panel recommendation)

Last edited:
Just checking in to see if anyone has had issues with a refurbished purchase. I acquired an EB70 that worked flawlessly for a number of months. The screen went blank and it quit working normally. After numerous attempts I received a RMA for return/repair. I was told that the battery bank was bad. The unit was sent in on March 28th and after numerous emailed requests, I haven't heard a lick concerning the issue. I have been sending correspondence to "service@maxoak.net". Almost two months have passed................crickets.

Just checking in to see if anyone has had issues with a refurbished purchase. I acquired an EB70 that worked flawlessly for a number of months. The screen went blank and it quit working normally. After numerous attempts I received a RMA for return/repair. I was told that the battery bank was bad. The unit was sent in on March 28th and after numerous emailed requests, I haven't heard a lick concerning the issue. I have been sending correspondence to "service@maxoak.net". Almost two months have passed................crickets.
Good luck, I a happy with my renewed eb55 so I purchased a "new" unit. It arrived damaged, I've not been able to get any resolution so my CC company refunded the purchase.

Back