diy solar

diy solar

Renogy’s dc to dc install

Digler

I have a dc to dc charger with moot (30a/ 50a).
I’m installing this in the back of my new Sprinter van. I am unclear as to the installation of the IGN signal wire. Does this run to my alternator? What’s the best course of action? Thanks

I am unclear as to the installation of the IGN signal wire.
In the manual, i'm sure it says that the IGN signal wire connects to your ignition. This pretty much is the signal wire that tells your charger that the ignition is on, at which point it turns on. This is the standard method of installing the charger. You could certainly create your own scheme with a switch or something equally clever to turn it on manually or even automatically.

In the manual, i'm sure it says that the IGN signal wire connects to your ignition. This pretty much is the signal wire that tells your charger that the ignition is on, at which point it turns on. This is the standard method of installing the charger. You could certainly create your own scheme with a switch or something equally clever to turn it on manually or even automatically.
Thanks... so any power-on signal will work? The term smart alternator had me uncertain as to the required sources.

Back