diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 100 watt compact panels CM deal

I just did a search and found them!
However, why is the "two pack" end up costing more than a single pack, that you can order twice??

Two hours guys!

Also found this: $116 - 100W and PWM charge controller (if your into that)

1575315715340.png

Last edited:
Looks like Will prefers HQST ($79 at amazon) over Renogy because of better mounting holes:

I just bought the Renogy kit that @Thorsonic posted. I have an AGM battery (80 ah) and am wanting to start playing around with solar. Maybe try to power a washing machine or some computers. Some of the reviews of the charge controller in the kit are not that good. Does anyone know what is the right setting to use for the battery if using AGM? Looks like it only has Sealed, GEL, Flooded, or Li as choices. I've reading conflicting info. on choosing Sealed v. Gel. I hope I made the right purchase.

Thanks for the tip(s). In addition to the one HQST, I decided to buy three additional Renogy since they're cheaper on sale and basically the same (less a few mounting holes).

Next, the Renogy DCC50S. However, it wont work with Blootooth ;-( ...

Decided to jump on that deal to start my 400w project & thought the same about the double price offer,so tried to order four.Well it had a limit of three single purchases.Fiendish!!
Ended up getting two singles & the double as it worked out cheaper than waiting for regular price or buying from another source.
On my way now,waiting for the DCC50S to come back in stock,then an inverter.

Well now.

Camelcamelcamel just sent me a notice that the same panels are now on sale for $65. I just placed an order for 2 more. I don't know if I will keep all 4 or return the more expensive ones, but I could not pass that price up.

Looks like Will prefers HQST ($79 at amazon) over Renogy because of better mounting holes:

I just bought the Renogy kit that @Thorsonic posted. I have an AGM battery (80 ah) and am wanting to start playing around with solar. Maybe try to power a washing machine or some computers. Some of the reviews of the charge controller in the kit are not that good. Does anyone know what is the right setting to use for the battery if using AGM? Looks like it only has Sealed, GEL, Flooded, or Li as choices. I've reading conflicting info. on choosing Sealed v. Gel. I hope I made the right purchase.

Which controller? There should be a "User" setting that allows you to set your own parameters. The gel setting on mine had it charging to 15.8 volts!!

Which controller? There should be a "User" setting that allows you to set your own parameters. The gel setting on mine had it charging to 15.8 volts!!
Hi @New Mexico Will , It is a Renogy Wanderer 30A PWM. Manual is here: https://www.renogy.com/template/fil...er-30A-PWM-Solar-Charge-Controller-Manual.pdf

I don't see a "User" setting. Looks like the only presets are: Sealed, GEL, Flooded or Li. I did find this posting:
The Wanderer will work with AGM batteries, however we would recommend checking with your batteries manufacturer if the charging voltage is compatible with your battery. Also most AGM batteries do not want to be equalized, we would recommend the GEL setting on the controller as that would keep the batteries from being equalized every 28 days.
RenogySolarUS

Hmm, sounds like the GEL setting wasn't good for you though. Arghh.

Ah, very fixable. You need the bluetooth module to fully access the functions of that controller. Plug that in, download the app, you will have full control of the settings. I might even have a spare. This is what you will see:
Screenshot_20191212-025624_Renogy BT.jpg

See where it says gel in the top right corner? You can change that to user and edit all the settings to whatever you like.

Back