diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 1000w Inverter Charger Troubleshooting

jmiller2794

Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question.

I have a Renogy 1000w inverter/charger troubleshooting question. I'm building my electrical cabinet now. I have 2 150 AH lithium batteries run in parallel, terminal fuses, bus bars etc installed. The basic system is there, and now I'm starting to add chargers and appliances on. I'm reading 13.2v at the battery terminals and at the bus bar, goes to 0 with the blue sea switch off. So far so good.

I'm trying to install the renogy 1000w inverter charger I have. I know it works because it was used in a previous build where it worked. When I installed the DC side it worked fine as an inverter. I then connected the AC input side from a 30 amp shore power inlet I bought to the inverter charger using stranded 10/3. When I plug the shore power into my house (using a 15amp to 30 amp connecter) I get two green lights on the main panel "Battery Charger (shore Power on)" and "Inverter (Battery Power)". However, the green light for "AC Source Detected, Battery Charging" does not come on, and none of the other LEDs related to charging come on.

Anyone have any thoughts? Not sure what I could be doing that the unit would say it was receiving shore power but not charging my batteries with it. The renogy manual did not have any troubleshooting advice related to this scenario.

Last edited:
Back