Renogy 1000W Inverter Serial Port?

scottnichol

My Renogy 1000W inverter has an RJ-11 port for a remote on/off switch. The port looks very similar to the data port on the Renogy Charge Controller, which I was using to connect to a Raspberry Pi and run Solar Shed. I'm curious to know if anyone has discovered whether the RJ-11 on the 1000W inverter is also a data port? I'd be curious to poke at it and see if I could read some data off of the serial port, if it is in fact a serial port.

thanks
scott

sqlazer

If it's RJ-11 6-pin (also known as 6P6C), it's probably not a serial port but instead a remote control port. The "new edition" model, there's a 1000w and a never-in-stock 2000w model, those have an RJ45-but-not-ethernet modbus/rs485 serial port. I've done some work with mapping the addresses on both their batteries and their dc-dc chargers, if I could get a hold of a 2000w inverter I'd do that as well but oh well

anyway, if the one you have is the "old" model with the RJ11, 2 of the pins on the remote interface turn the inverter on when they're bridged (when the inverter is in remote-control mode), some others go high when an alert condition or two activate, and that's it

smoothJoey

Hoop Dee Doo!
anyway, if the one you have is the "old" model with the RJ11, 2 of the pins on the remote interface turn the inverter on when they're bridged (when the inverter is in remote-control mode), some others go high when an alert condition or two activate, and that's it
Does the inverter turn off when those same 2 pins are un-bridged?