diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 1000W Inverter Serial Port?

scottnichol

My Renogy 1000W inverter has an RJ-11 port for a remote on/off switch. The port looks very similar to the data port on the Renogy Charge Controller, which I was using to connect to a Raspberry Pi and run Solar Shed. I'm curious to know if anyone has discovered whether the RJ-11 on the 1000W inverter is also a data port? I'd be curious to poke at it and see if I could read some data off of the serial port, if it is in fact a serial port.

thanks
scott

If it's RJ-11 6-pin (also known as 6P6C), it's probably not a serial port but instead a remote control port. The "new edition" model, there's a 1000w and a never-in-stock 2000w model, those have an RJ45-but-not-ethernet modbus/rs485 serial port. I've done some work with mapping the addresses on both their batteries and their dc-dc chargers, if I could get a hold of a 2000w inverter I'd do that as well but oh well

anyway, if the one you have is the "old" model with the RJ11, 2 of the pins on the remote interface turn the inverter on when they're bridged (when the inverter is in remote-control mode), some others go high when an alert condition or two activate, and that's it

anyway, if the one you have is the "old" model with the RJ11, 2 of the pins on the remote interface turn the inverter on when they're bridged (when the inverter is in remote-control mode), some others go high when an alert condition or two activate, and that's it
Does the inverter turn off when those same 2 pins are un-bridged?

My renogy 1000w inverter has a COMM RJ connector and a Remote RJ connector ( never counted the # of contacts).

I contacted Renogy and they said there is not BlueTooth controller for the COMM connector. Neither BT-1 or BT-2 will work with it.

R-INVT-PGH1-10111S is the model number. This is the model with the ECO switch.

Renogy support was weird about it. I had to send pictures ( model number was not enough).

Back