diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 1000W Sine Wave Inverter with Power Saving Eco Mode - Problem

SolarShed

Hi, I've been asking around about this, but haven't confirmed with anyone else about a small problem that I'm with my Renogy 1000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter with Power Saving Eco Mode (or the PHG1)

Inverter works fine, no problem in normal mode, however, in Eco mode I keep getting fault alarms.

I've spoke to Renogy Tech support and they've been good and told me that its possible the logic board on the inverter is faulty. No problem, sometimes things get defective, however, is what concerns me, I've received 3 replacements and they ALL have the same problem with Eco mode! So, I'm getting a little suspicious here. Am I incredibly unlucky to get 3, new, defective inverters?

If you have this inverter, could you post your experience with using Eco mode? basically, this is what I do:

1. With the Inverter off
2. Flip the switch to Eco mode
3. Turn on the inverter (with or without a load)
4. Inverter goes to blinking mode, which is in Eco mode
5. Plug in or turn on a load (greater than 50 W), it should come out of Eco mode and provide full power

However, in my case, at step 5 as soon as a load is applied, it faults to an alarm.

I have a surge protected power bar running a small google home speaker and a USB device (5V) and lamp which is off. I've tried connecting loads directly to the inverter, like a drill, still the same issue.

When I charge my De Walt batteries while on Eco mode, it seems to work for about 5 seconds, than faults.

Again, its only Eco mode that gives me this issue. When using the inverter in normal mode, it works flawlessly.

Last edited:
Same issue. I have never been able to get ECO mode to work. Always results in fault. Normal mode works great.

Same issue. I have never been able to get ECO mode to work. Always results in fault. Normal mode works great.
Thanks for letting us know. I know of many others having the same problem.

I've heard if that if you place the switch to 50 Hz, it fixes it. Most electronics, at least in North America, support 50 to 60 Hz. Check yours and try out the 50 Hz setting.

I bought one of these. Tried to use it to power a 25 watt dehumidifier that was hooped up to a electrical mechanical timer. I wanted to limit the time it operated so I would not drain my battery bank. Well anyway, trying to use the "Eco Mode" it was doing the exact same thing yours is doing. Shutting down/red light/buzzing noise. Tried both 50 and 60 settings and same problem repeats itself. But I shut off the damn "Eco" setting and was able to run the 25 watt dehumidifier for 6 weeks constant before it finally errored out the same way again. Anybody figure out WTF was going on or is Renogy just selling garbage and I should just buy something else????

Back