diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 100ah x 2

StevieRuss

I just bought two 100ah Renogy BT Lifepo4 batteries as they were on sale for £376 on Amazon today. I was going to go for the 200ah one but there isn't enough space for its long length in our battery compartment.

I'm going to parallel them as I have done with the AGM batteries these will replace but as they have a BMS each and Bluetooth, I was wondering how the BT and communication with the individual batteries works. It looks like there is some sort of com port on the batteries so is this for linking them from a data point of view so you can view them as one battery, if you know what I mean? There isn't a hell of a lot of information on doing this other than Renogy claiming that they have some sort of balancing function between the batteries in parallel. Just hoping someone has crossed this bridge before..

Well, I sort of partially answered this myself by reading the manual again. I don't know how I missed the section on the RS485 cable. Nothing on how this works with Bluetooth though so if anyone has any experience then... (y)

The Bluetooth connection will give you the information on one battery, to see the other battery you need to switch in the app. If you want the whole picture, consider a shunt which sees both batteries.

The Bluetooth connection will give you the information on one battery, to see the other battery you need to switch in the app. If you want the whole picture, consider a shunt which sees both batteries.
A Victron shunt is on the shopping list. Just saving to get the van resprayed at the moment.. ! Many thanks

Back