diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 100W panels - how are they split?

Sverige

A Brit in Sweden
I’m looking at these 100w panels from Renogy, and the specs say 2 bypass diodes, guess the cells within the panel are wired in 2 strings, but how are they split? The cells within the panel are 3 x 11, so no obvious split vertical or horizontal.

I’m wondering whether to orient them landscape or portrait to best make use of the bypass diodes to deal with a vertical shadow from a tree to the south of my installation location.

Well what I always say, the proof is in the pudding... Test it in real life with the real shade. Keep it loose so you can move it around, see what different positions with various shade scenarios against the panel, bring you for watts...

Well what I always say, the proof is in the pudding... Test it in real life with the real shade. Keep it loose so you can move it around, see what different positions with various shade scenarios against the panel, bring you for watts...
Testing would be great of course, but it’s winter here. Sun once a month if you’re lucky and 0C to -10C outside during daytime.

Back