diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 200Ah lithium vs Ampere Time 12V 200Ah Lithium vs Chins

Svt

Trying to buy either Renogy, Ampere Time or Chins 200ah lithium battery. Renogy is on sale now but still far away from Ampere time or Chins Any thoughts? Want to get 3 of them to have 600ah battery bank at 12v. Should I go with renogy or Ampere time or Chins

Last edited:
Have you considered Kilovault? 8% off sale at AltE store. Will Prowse did a video on the Kilovault battery.

Have you considered Kilovault? 8% off sale at AltE store.

Same price as battle born at this point for black Friday sale

BattleBorn 200AH $1598 vs Kilovault 200AH $1283

Kilovault has heating, BB heating option is additional.

I have 2 Renogy 100AH batteries. Very light use, but they are working fine.
Look at black Friday bundle at battle born. 5 100ah battery, meater, 3000 multiplus 2 for 4100.

Have you considered Kilovault? 8% off sale at AltE store. Will Prowse did a video on the Kilovault battery.

Kilovault is near double the price per Kwh as ampere time

So...You ask about opinions on three different batteries and you get every post with yet other suggestions at substantially more money that what you requested.......Huh?

(I'm in the same search on the same batteries you are considering)

So...You ask about opinions on three different batteries and you get every post with yet other suggestions at substantially more money that what you requested.......Huh?

(I'm in the same search on the same batteries you are considering)
Maybe that's the answer.

It sounds like the biggest drawback to the cheapie drop-ins is the lack of Low Temp protection. @Will Prowse and others recommend the Victron Smart Shunt thingy to do the low temp protection that the BMS doesn't do. So really the question is AmperTime/Chins/BobsBats + Victron shunt = $?? vs SOK or EG4 or one of the flavors of more expensive battery that has Low Temp already.

Other than that, I'd recommend getting the highest discharge BMS of the available options. 25a is pretty worthless if you need 200a to feed your inverter. Assume at any point the BMS in one or another battery could freak out on you and 1 of your batteries goes down, can you still provide enough amperage to keep everything turned on?

Back