diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 3000 Inverter W/ BT-2 Module

thunderbeans

I have a Renogy 3000W inverter and a BT-2 Bluetooth module connected but I can't get it to connect to either of the Renogy apps. The DC home one seems to see the device in Hub mode, but it fails to connect, saying connection failed.

I also have a BT-1 Bluetooth module connected to my Renogy MPPT charge controller which works fine with both apps.

Has anyone had any issues connecting the BT2 module to the inverter or have any suggestions? Still waiting for a response from Renogy support aftter 5 days so not hopeful.

good luck went round and round with renogy for almost a year about when this is gonna happen,im giving up on renogy

good luck went round and round with renogy for almost a year about when this is gonna happen,im giving up on renogy
Hi there. Have you met any unsolved problems? We have a live chat function on our Renogy website. You can use this function to request a call-back from one our team members. You can also submit a ticket at the following link: https://renogy.force.com/helpcenter/s/contactsupport.
Have a great day!

Renogy support told me older models will never support BT-2. Users would need to purchase the models that do or will support the module. As of today, none exist but some new models would be releasing in May or June.

Renogy support told me older models will never support BT-2. Users would need to purchase the models that do or will support the module. As of today, none exist but some new models would be releasing in May or June.
Hi, there. This 48V 3500W Inverter Charger on our website can support BT-2. You can click this link if you're interested in it: https://www.renogy.com/48v-3500w-solar-inverter-charger/.

REGO pure sine wave inverter will be released in the near future, which can also support BT-2. Please pay close attention to our official website for the specific released time. We would appreciate your patience during the time.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Thanks for reading and providing this update. One of the questions asked by your Customers in the DC Home app is retrofit to existing 2000/3000 inverter Charger models; Will that be possible or a trade in program?

Thanks for reading and providing this update. One of the questions asked by your Customers in the DC Home app is retrofit to existing 2000/3000 inverter Charger models; Will that be possible or a trade in program?
Hello. We have contacted relevant team. We regret to tell you that existing inverter charger models can't be retrofitted because their hardware conditions are not enough. Any further question, you can contact us by support@renogy.com

Back