diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 3000w inverter problem

rcmach1

Hi, I have 4 Renogy LFP 100a batteries, an Epever 100a charge controller and 2ea. 320w panels. This has been running for about 6 months without a problem. Was playing around to see what it would run. Had main house fridge, small fridge and small freezer hooked for 3 days (sunny days - southern CA). Worked fine until I plugged in a coffee maker. It shut down and blew a 150a fuse. Replaced the fuse and now the inverter turns on for a second, red light goes on and it shuts off. Do you think its trashed? Doesn't have a reset button. Opened it up and nothing looks burnt and no visible sign of damage. I'm sure I overloaded it but thought it had internal protection. Any ideas? Thanks

No, I had it quite awhile before hooking it up. Funny thing is I tried a 10,000 btu air conditioner and it ran fine. Also had the coffee maker run with the small fridge and freezer and they all ran fine. Still thought there was some protection to avoid this. Thanks

Tried it again this morning and it works. I don't know, maybe it was too hot but seems to be OK now.

I have the Renogy 3000w PSW inverter. I had a large load on it when my wife turned on her hair dryer. Current draw got up over 200A before I told her she was doing too much at once and turned of the dryer. Mine never shut down at all and I'm fused for the full 3000W so that didn't blow either

I'm not sure what the draw reached but maybe the compressors from the fridge's and freezer kicked on while the coffee maker was running. The 150 amp fuse is too small but wanted a little extra protection. When my full size fridge is plugged in I leave the coffee maker on house current for now.

Back