diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 40A Rover MPPT Charge Controller & 200W Rich Solar Panels

TravelingSLO

Greetings, trying to sort out my solar install. Was told elsewhere that the CC I have isn't correct, but I think it might actually be okay. Can someone explain what specs don't line up for the following equipment?
RichSolar200WPanel.pngRENOGY ROVER 40 AMP.png
1658386882604.png

The specs of the listed system look good to me.

Be sure to install proper fusing and gauge of wire and you should be good to go. It is also a good idea to install on/off switches with the fusing for the solar panel wiring and battery wiring to the Renogy Rover 40 amp Solar Charge Controller and battery to inverter wiring. Some use circuit breakers to do both switch & protect. I used switches & fuses. It is usually recommended to use a T-fuse on the positive cable between battery and inverter when using Lifepo4 batteries.

If you received the blue-tooth module BT-1 with your Renogy Rover 40 amp SCC there is software to program and monitor it.

The specs of the listed system look good to me.

Be sure to install proper fusing and gauge of wire and you should be good to go. It is also a good idea to install on/off switches with the fusing for the solar panel wiring and battery wiring to the Renogy Rover 40 amp Solar Charge Controller and battery to inverter wiring. Some use circuit breakers to do both switch & protect. I used switches & fuses. It is usually recommended to use a T-fuse on the positive cable between battery and inverter when using Lifepo4 batteries.

If you received the blue-tooth module BT-1 with your Renogy Rover 40 amp SCC there is software to program and monitor it.
Thank you so much for your reply!

I think that in my other post, the link clicked through to an Amazon page for the Rover which had specs for the 20A version. Hence the confusion as a 20A version would not work with the 2-200W panels.

Excellent to read about the T-fuse and location! Thank you!

Back