diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 60A Rover settings question.

KctvGuyz

I have a small off grid system we’ve been running in NW AR for about 2 years in our 5th wheel while we build our dome.
800W PVs , 3 100A Battle Borns, 60A Renogy Rover MPPT controller.

When I set it up I put in USER settings and used that for a while. I’ve realized the better setting to eliminate “float charge” ( esp when temps drop here in winter) is the LI settings. I go through the process and everything “sets” but when I close the BT app on my phone and go back to it later, my setting is back to USER.

Anyone have any thoughts here.

Thanks in advance.

I go through the process and everything “sets” but when I close the BT app on my phone and go back to it later, my setting is back to USER.
Happen to have a screenshot of where you think it sets? I messed with one last year but am foggy on the details now. Or maybe someone else ca see something from the pic.

1st screenshot is right after resetting the unit in the BT app. 2nd is after coming back to it later when the app is reopened after closing it in my phone. The settings aren’t staying set.

Attachments

• E7EC0FE2-71A0-4124-A92D-A1BF2A0EFAE8.png
    E7EC0FE2-71A0-4124-A92D-A1BF2A0EFAE8.png
    474.1 KB · Views: 13
  • AAFF252B-65BB-476C-ACDB-CF3AF985E4DE.png
    AAFF252B-65BB-476C-ACDB-CF3AF985E4DE.png
    494.6 KB · Views: 13
As to the part when it “sets”, it flashes for a moment that it took.

On a related side note, I also attempted to change the password (135790123) to an easier (123456789) and successfully reset it. Only to come back later and have to use the old one again as it doesn’t take as well later. Like it’s not flashing the memory (EPROM ?) in a permanent way.

Based on everyone’s experience with tech support from Renogy, I’m pretty sure I won’t get a timely answer from them. 0ABEB6C7-694A-4B1E-AEFE-96FC2B6EDCD3.png

I find you do have to press "Read" on the top of the page to refresh the display-it doesn't seem to refresh on startup...

I find you do have to press "Read" on the top of the page to refresh the display-it doesn't seem to refresh on startup...
This sounds right as a first step. But you also need to hit set after making your changes (if that wasn't obvious).

This sounds right as a first step. But you also need to hit set after making your changes (if that wasn't obvious).
It was obvious, so much so that I took the time to actually capture the last screen grab, just to show the message that appears momentarily if you do the “set” button.

The “read” button does take it to the current settings, which are not displayed correctly until you do push that button.

So this resolved my original question, but doesn’t work obviously for the changing password as it still doesn’t take and needs the original one inserted to make any changes.

Thanks for the answer, everyone. I’m sure I’ll be back here for more!

Back