diy solar

diy solar

Renogy App shows wrong wattage & Amps

TommyinMiami

Hi guys, has anyone had this issue before with the Renogy app.

The app is showing 20-30 watts 2-4 amps LESS than actual power.

For example my panels right now are pulling 245 watts. My watter meter shows 245 18amps, my renogy shunt shows 245 18 amps, the renogy charge controllwr shows 16 amps and the renogy home DC app shows 14amps 220 watts. BT app is the same.

Inline power meter and shunt match up, the controller is slightly lower and the app is way lower.

From 5pm-8pm when I make less than 25 watts the app will show zero even though I'm getting 20 watts on average in late afternoon.

It's still passing power to the batteries but it's not correctly showing this.

It has been going on for 2 days. It's run perfect matched up for over a month since I got it.

Yes I've re booted, unplugged BT module, restarted app, tried both apps, tried a different phone.

Any thoughts on this. I knew I should've gone with victron If only their prices weren't so insanely high. Has this happened to anyone else before. I am just out of the 30 days return window ofcourse.

Sadly, Renogy's apps are a joke. I have a 100% Renogy build and will not be buying their equipment for my next build due to their terrible apps. My BT app is also not accurate, and the DC app won't run on most of the various iPads and iPhones I have. I too, look with a longing eye at the victron equipment. I'm at the "buy once, cry once point now. If I invest a chunk of money in batteries, I NEED to accurately monitor those babies.

I agree. I find myself using a multimeter that I keep under the bed to actually get the status of the battery (until I'd get a proper shunt). And it's always far from what both the Renogy inverter charger and the solar rover show, which they also can't even agree among themselves on a specific reading...

That said, I did pay 40% less on the build. Victron prices are intimidating.

My app is showing my panel kicking out 362 watts and it’s just A hundred watt panel. I am just baffled

F15405A1-E871-4F44-850E-987374390D0C.png

Not just the apps but sometimes hardware too. My rover reports the battery on average .11 volts less than true battery charge status. So close to good in a lot of ways but stuff like this kinda seems ignored. Admit there is a issue and work on a fix would be a better choice for them to run with.

Attachments

• AB920249-3EEA-442E-8EED-F3A25AE66678.jpeg
    AB920249-3EEA-442E-8EED-F3A25AE66678.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have one Renogy monitor coming in, hopefully I won't see same issue. A few years ago, I pick up another brand for my electric fishing boat battery and on my Trailer hitch battery. It works kinda off, but not reliably. The issue it doesn't support LIFEPO4 and didn't have options to set preferences. Once you disconnect it, it need to be reset.

Renogy has battery backup and preferences option and Renogy claim it support LIFEPO4. If not properly set and calibrated, you will get spurious reading. I am assuming over a period of time, values will be off due to battery & system degradation, requiring resetting.

I stand corrected?

Not just the apps but sometimes hardware too. My rover reports the battery on average .11 volts less than true battery charge status. So close to good in a lot of ways but stuff like this kinda seems ignored. Admit there is a issue and work on a fix would be a better choice for them to run with.
You might have an issue with that Chinese made Craftsman meter.

You might have an issue with that Chinese made Craftsman meter.
Best I got for now, testing for dead on a old old house wall switch ended up was mis wired. My Fluke took a good spike and has been off since lol. I’ll see about borrowing a meter off a friend and compare

The bluetti app refreshed at limited rate and/or if ur bluetooth connection is spotty the reading can be off. Otherwise it matches the unit display.

I notice this a few times camping with rv. Can not go to far otherwise it will grey out or not refresh current reading from the ac200max. Don’t consider it a problem for me.

Back