diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Battery Monitor 500A showing double charging current

ioneng

I've sent Renogy a message about this problem but maybe someone can help me out before they get back to me.

I'm using this monitor on my vehicle based solar setup. I have an 100Ah Lifepo4 battery that can be charged by the solar panel, alternator or an AC/DC charger. While the monitor shows the correct current when the battery is being discharged, it shows double the current value when being charged by any of the chargers. For example, using my 20A AC charger, the renogy monitor shows 36a and another monitor connected in series shows 18a. On discharge, the two monitors both show the same value. Both the load and the charger minus terminals are connected to the P- on the shunt. I have also tested the display cable and there is no short or breakage. Could someone suggest what else I can try to find the problem?

I've sent Renogy a message about this problem but maybe someone can help me out before they get back to me.

I'm using this monitor on my vehicle based solar setup. I have an 100Ah Lifepo4 battery that can be charged by the solar panel, alternator or an AC/DC charger. While the monitor shows the correct current when the battery is being discharged, it shows double the current value when being charged by any of the chargers. For example, using my 20A AC charger, the renogy monitor shows 36a and another monitor connected in series shows 18a. On discharge, the two monitors both show the same value. Both the load and the charger minus terminals are connected to the P- on the shunt. I have also tested the display cable and there is no short or breakage. Could someone suggest what else I can try to find the problem?
What did you find out?

Back