diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Bt App Suddenly Not Working

longlonelyspaces

I got my rv system up and running last year, which is comprised of Renogy Rover Li and BT-1 bluetooth module, and with solar panel, lithium batteries, etc.
Everything worked great including the BT app (iPhone). Put the system to bed for the winter, and recently booted it all up. Everything still works great -
except for the BT app. I am gettiing no data from the Rover into the app. The BT module's green power light is on, but don't see any blue light activity.
This is true of both the iPhone and an iPad I have the app installed on. I even bought a new module, but didn't make a difference. I also deleted and reinstalled
the BT app on both (which they still make available even though they say it isn't supported). Talked to Renogy, and one of their techs suggested a hard restart, which didn't make any difference. Other than that, they don't want to deal with it, and just tell me to use the new Home app. Based on what I've read on some of the forums, I don't want to do that.

So: anybody run into this and somehow got it to work?

Thanks.

I got my rv system up and running last year, which is comprised of Renogy Rover Li and BT-1 bluetooth module, and with solar panel, lithium batteries, etc.
Everything worked great including the BT app (iPhone). Put the system to bed for the winter, and recently booted it all up. Everything still works great -
except for the BT app. I am gettiing no data from the Rover into the app. The BT module's green power light is on, but don't see any blue light activity.
This is true of both the iPhone and an iPad I have the app installed on. I even bought a new module, but didn't make a difference. I also deleted and reinstalled
the BT app on both (which they still make available even though they say it isn't supported). Talked to Renogy, and one of their techs suggested a hard restart, which didn't make any difference. Other than that, they don't want to deal with it, and just tell me to use the new Home app. Based on what I've read on some of the forums, I don't want to do that.

So: anybody run into this and somehow got it to work?

Thanks.

Sorry to hear...

I have 2 Renogy Rover Li with the BT-1 module and the bluetooth works good on a number of iOS devices.

Does the Rover show up in your list of bluetooth devices on your iPhone?
What happens when you select Search Device in the Device Info of Renogy BT app?
Does the Renogy DC Home App connect to your device? This would check for hardware issues.

You could try the Solar app in the iOS App Store. I use it at times. It is the same app by SRNE. It is my understanding SRNE is the manufacture of the Renogy Rovers and software. Seems to be the same app as Renogy BT, but orange instead of blue. May be worth a try.

If none of the above works check your connections of the Rover BT-module. If nothing is apparent you may have a hardware issue with the Rover.

Back