diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Customer Service Sucks!

Santa

regarding: DCC50S 12V 50A DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger with MPPT Originally I ordered this from Amazon and they screwed up my orders horribly. They put my account on hold (for no good reason) and then began cancelling things that I ordered. I ordered about $4,000 in solar stuff. I tried to get it reinstated and finally they did but continued to cancel most of my orders. I was left with 2 items. So, I called Renogy today and ordered one. A half hour later they emailed a confirmation. Then, a half later they send me this: "We are inquiring regarding an order you recently placed on our website, order # as noted above, dated Nov 14th, 2019, in the amount of $311.35. Your order has been flagged in our system, for a minor issue, and we ask that you please assist us by completing and returning the attached form to us via email either by replying to this email or send to billing@renogy.com. Either a scan of the completed document, or a photo taken with your phone, would suffice, but remember, we must have a “live” or “real” signature, not just a font that is a handwriting style. Upon receipt of the document, we will review it and release your order(s). All information that we receive from our customers remains confidential, as we are prohibited from sharing that information with any third party."

I called her and she couldn't give me a reason why this is happening. She said it's a glitch or something in their system??? I don't have a smartphone so I had to write something up and fax it to her saying I wanted the order with my signature. An hour and a half later I received an email, I think its from Renogy???? they didn't identify themselves:

"We attempted to call you and were unable to leave you a voicemail. We would like to inform you that your recent order# 10032*** contains 1x RBC50D1S-G1, that item is on backorder and will not be available until mid-December. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We can offer the following options: Issue you a full refund, Process the order and ship the item as soon as it is available or we can offer a %10 discount on the item when it is back in stock. Please reply to this email or contact us directly at 909-287-7111 Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm PST. Thank you and have a great day !"

I called and they were closed. I never received any call from them. At this point, I don't even want to deal with this company. They should have told me it was backordered when I called to order it. They also could have told me when I spoke to them when they asked my my signature etc. They sent a confirmation of my order for crying out loud. I don't understand what is going on, but I consider this HORRIBLE service. I looked on Amazon and they say if you order it there it will be delivered on Nov. 30th. I am so tired of going through all these problems. Does anyone have any advice? I need to get my system set up ASAP so I can leave CA. Any advice is appreciated.

If I were you, I'd contact my credit card company and see if there are any issues. I'm thinking this is a common point between all of your issues.
I
Everything's fine with the card. I just don't know...thanks.

Hey Santa,

I wouldn't worry too much. I think it was multiple things happening at the same time.

1) Often times when large purchases happen all-at-once, it sometimes throws red flags on automated fraud alerts - of course it's inconvenient, but for our safety.

2) Also, I think back when Will reviewed these DCC50S , they sold out faster than their inventory could accurately keep track of, down to the last drop. You will get it soon.

I am closely watching for the DCC50S availability as well, It's the last big part of my project. I have been exchanging emails with Renogy's about technical stuff on the DCC50S. I have been told they are going to be in very soon - w/i the first two weeks of December. They were very nice in answering my emails, although a bit slow.

Anyway, if you had email exchanges about out-of-stock items, they have honored the discounts (like Rain Checks) just ask nice ;-) - give them your Ticket ID and just ask...

i only ordered ONE thing though...today they estimated the middle of december when in stock

Back