Finally reviewed it! People asked me repeatedly, and I was too busy with the solar shed. For the last few days, I tested it like crazy..
And I love it! I should have tested it months ago. Works extremely well, and it's fool proof. I pushed it to every limit, and if it cut off, it would restart a few seconds later.
Dead simple and easy to install for beginners. I really wish I had one of these when I was first adding solar to my RV. Super cheap too, compared to buying a voltage sensitive dc/dc charger and 50 amp mppt. Only downside is solar input voltage is extremely low, so 12v panels need to have branch adapter.
Key features (copied and pasted from renogy):
- Designed to charge service batteries from two DC inputs—solar panels and alternator.
- Built-in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) to maximize the solar power.
- 3-phase charging profile (Bulk, Boost, and Float) ensures your service battery will be accurately charged at the correct voltage levels to 100%.
- Built-in Voltage Sensitive Relay (VSR) for easy setup with traditional alternators.
- Compatible with smart alternators (with variable output voltage).
- Trickle charges the starting battery via solar panels if the service battery is fully charged.
- Isolation of the starting battery and the service battery.
- Temperature and voltage compensation features prolong battery life and improve system performance.
- Smart Protection Features: battery isolation, over-voltage protection, battery temperature protection, over-current protection, overheat protection, reverse current protection, solar panel and alternator reverse polarity protection.
- Compatible with multiple battery types: AGM, GEL, Flooded, and Lithium.
- Compact with a sturdy design, it was built tough for all conditions.
I love it so much, that I created a new solar power package on my website! Dead simple blueprint:
Click here for parts list and schematics