diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Dcc30s keeps resetting battery type.

WADE13x

I have a 30a renogy mppt dual input charger. With a temporary lifepo4 30ah battery while I wait for my 280ah eve cells to come in. I have a 60liter fridge and also charge my ebike in the van. But if I run the battery dead the dcc30s doesn't save the battery type and resets. Anyone find a fix for this seems pretty damaging to the battery because once the power comes back it continues to charge in the wrong mode.

I have a 30a renogy mppt dual input charger. With a temporary lifepo4 30ah battery while I wait for my 280ah eve cells to come in. I have a 60liter fridge and also charge my ebike in the van. But if I run the battery dead the dcc30s doesn't save the battery type and resets. Anyone find a fix for this seems pretty damaging to the battery because once the power comes back it continues to charge in the wrong mode.
Do you have a starter battery connected to the dcc30s?
I've not heard anyone complain about this and I wonder if that is the difference?

Yes starter battery is connected
The configuration for an embedded system should be in non volatile storage.
I suggest you try to contact Renogy support.
Be prepared for no response though.
Cause Renogy support has not be good for quite a while.

Renogy, to bo expected. Change over to a brand that has customer support and consistent logical owners manuals !

Back