diy solar

diy solar

Renogy DCC50S potential warranty issue

Piranha Pete

Fallout
I live in Australia. I have a Renogy DCC50S that I am wanting to install. Referring to the manual page11 fusing size: DCC50S Rated current 50A, Vehicle input fuse rating 75A, Charger output fuse rating 65A. The diagram shows these as ANL fuses. Obviously not essential that they be ANL type. Spent hours looking, found 75A ANL on Amazon but they are not available and not sure that they ever will be. In addition, not available to my postcode. The solution I see is to use Vehicle input fuse rating 80A, Charger output fuse rating 60A. However, I am concerned that by using an 80A ANL as the Vehicle input fuse it could void the warranty. Anyone know where I can source 65A & 75A ANL fuses? With reasonable shipping charges to Australia? Any other ideas? It seems that Renogy have produced a unit that can't be fused to their specs????

What's the maximum current you expect to draw? Possibly a 70 (which seems common) will work for you?

I have been able to find a 75A battery terminal fuse. However, at over $60 I have not purchased. I think I will err on the side of safety as you have suggested and go with a 70A ANL Vehicle input fuse and a 60A ANL Charger output fuse. I find it interesting that Renogy would suggest fuses that don't seem to be available.
Thanks

I have been able to find a 75A battery terminal fuse. However, at over $60 I have not purchased. I think I will err on the side of safety as you have suggested and go with a 70A ANL Vehicle input fuse and a 60A ANL Charger output fuse. I find it interesting that Renogy would suggest fuses that don't seem to be available.
Thanks
What did you do in the end? I have the same problem in the U.K.

Found this from Renogy

Back