diy solar

diy solar

Renogy monitor inquiry

Zaloni

I have x2 AGM batteries of 240Ah each and x1 lead acid engine battery of 95Ah.
1. The Victron 75/15 charger is set up for AGM charging. Is it OK?
2. Do I set the renogy monitor to the total Ah of the three batteries?
3. How come the percentage on the monitor goes down and the voltage goes up?

Is it a 12 volt system with all batteries at 12 volt? Or are the 240 Ah, 6 volt batteries?

If putting the batteries in parallel ideally they should be similar type and age.

If a 12v system a 15 amp maximum charge may be insufficient to charge your batteries effectively. For AGM typically you need around 20 amps per 100Ah, charging at a lower rate will reduce service life.

What is the application, my guess is a camper with AGM House batteries and a starter battery, that you want to charge from solar?

Question 3 suggests incorrect wiring of the shunt , more details needed, picture or diagram.

Mike

Is it a 12 volt system with all batteries at 12 volt? Or are the 240 Ah, 6 volt batteries?

If putting the batteries in parallel ideally they should be similar type and age.

If a 12v system a 15 amp maximum charge may be insufficient to charge your batteries effectively. For AGM typically you need around 20 amps per 100Ah, charging at a lower rate will reduce service life.

What is the application, my guess is a camper with AGM House batteries and a starter battery, that you want to charge from solar?

Question 3 suggests incorrect wiring of the shunt , more details needed, picture or diagram.

Mike

The System Is 12V:

200W solar array.

Victron smart charger 75/15.

Quick SBC 250 NRG FR 240v battery charger (250Ah)
(one cable connected to service batteries and one to engine battery)

x2 AGM identical service batteries of 240Ah each (480Ah together)

x1 EL sealed starter battery of 95Ah

'Sure Power' Multi Battery Isolator 120A (Model 1202)

Renogy Battery Monitor

Questions:

When connected to the grid:

1. Since service and engine batteries are different, on which mode it should be set? AGM or Lead Acid?
  2. Is the 240V charger might be too small for this system? (250Ah with max of 25A charge)
  3. Should I charge them all together or just the service batteries? (at the moment, they all charged together)
  4. Looks like during the day, the Victron is taking over the charge and during night, the Quick charger is charging. Is it supposed to work like this?
  5. Should I set up the Renogy monitor to the sum of all three batteries?

Back