diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Rover 40 amp mppt overcharging

Dr. Know 13

I have to 100 watt monocrystalline panels look up to a renogy Rover 40 amp mppt and I'm having a problem with it overcharging. I have to AGM batteries that I think the controller burnt out charging them at 16 volts. I tried setting it as sealed, flooded, user and nothing seem to slow it down until it burnt up my batteries.
I would think there would be some way to keep it from overcharging the battery's until there fried.
The Energy customer service and technical department is a bunch of Clueless and incompetent Filipinos

You have two not to, correct? Replace the defective Rover or get a new one under warranty

I have to 100 watt monocrystalline panels look up to a renogy Rover 40 amp mppt and I'm having a problem with it overcharging. I have to AGM batteries that I think the controller burnt out charging them at 16 volts. I tried setting it as sealed, flooded, user and nothing seem to slow it down until it burnt up my batteries.
I would think there would be some way to keep it from overcharging the battery's until there fried.
The Energy customer service and technical department is a bunch of Clueless and incompetent Filipinos

I have a Renogy Rover 40 amp Li Negative Ground Unit that works good. It is in USR mode settings for Lifepo4. I suggest you contact them and get a replacement.

Renogy is on this Forum and they posted "you can try our new live chat function on Renogy website. It's convenient to contact us. You can also contact us by support@renogy.com "They list a TEL: 1(909) 287-7111

It sounds like they are making an effort to improve their support etc..

Back