diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Rover 40A not disconnecting at high voltage.

I have not seen a mention of changing battery type to “USER” which is required to change the charge profile.

<<<<<
To enter the programming interface simply press and hold the right arrow button. After entering this feature press the Enter/Right button to switch between parameters. To change the parameters, press the Up or Down button. To save the parameter press and hold the Enter/Right button.
The charging parameter setting (Equalizing voltage, Boost voltage, Floating charging voltage, over-discharge return voltage, Over-discharge voltage) are only available under the battery “USER” mode. Press and hold the right arrow to enter the programming settings and continue pressing the right arrow button until you see the desired voltage screen.
Thanks, yes, I've been using the "user" mode as described

Can you share a pic of all the settings? It seems mighty odd that it is charging over your voltage settings.
Maybe power cycle and see if that jiggles the bits in place? And double check settings are really saved.

Failing that, i would say faulty SCC.
No amount of BMS settings will help this underlying issue.

I read a post a while back that said the user mode did not work on the renogy as it was an option for a future model.
Not sure that applies to yours. Maybe call but good luck with customer service.

Maybe set it to GEL and get through a few days to sort this out.

Mhmm, here's the pictures. When I check back on it, everything looks like it saved.
These are the adjustable settings on the SCC.

Attachments

• 20211101_124627.jpg
    20211101_124627.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211101_124635.jpg
    20211101_124635.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211101_124645.jpg
    20211101_124645.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211101_124659.jpg
    20211101_124659.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211101_124725.jpg
    20211101_124725.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 6
I read a post a while back that said the user mode did not work on the renogy as it was an option for a future model.
Wow that would be crappy.

Here is a post that suggests you can edit Li mode with the app:
>>>
LVD 11.0V and LVR 12.6 are factory settings. I just tried to pair the SCC with the Renogy BT app but with no luck ...despite the manual stating "Battery charging parameters in LI mode and USER mode can be programmed using the Solar Monitoring Software or Renogy BT App". Its a shame because I really enjoy having the VictronConnect BT app on another solar setup I have with a Victron SCC.
It's my 1st time using a Renogy SCC so I have to do more reading and tinkering to find out how to increase the LVD factory setting and/or how to set different load cut-in and cut-out parameters.

Wow that would be crappy.

Here is a post that suggests you can edit Li mode with the app:
>>>
LVD 11.0V and LVR 12.6 are factory settings. I just tried to pair the SCC with the Renogy BT app but with no luck ...despite the manual stating "Battery charging parameters in LI mode and USER mode can be programmed using the Solar Monitoring Software or Renogy BT App". Its a shame because I really enjoy having the VictronConnect BT app on another solar setup I have with a Victron SCC.
It's my 1st time using a Renogy SCC so I have to do more reading and tinkering to find out how to increase the LVD factory setting and/or how to set different load cut-in and cut-out parameters.
Mhmm, the manual says you can use the apl or User mode. I've contacted Renogy and waiting for advice.
About ready to buy a different SCC.

I have not seen a mention of changing battery type to “USER” which is required to change the charge profile.

<<<<<
To enter the programming interface simply press and hold the right arrow button. After entering this feature press the Enter/Right button to switch between parameters. To change the parameters, press the Up or Down button. To save the parameter press and hold the Enter/Right button.
The charging parameter setting (Equalizing voltage, Boost voltage, Floating charging voltage, over-discharge return voltage, Over-discharge voltage) are only available under the battery “USER” mode. Press and hold the right arrow to enter the programming settings and continue pressing the right arrow button until you see the desired voltage screen.
New here. Where can I find what all of these mean, and what the recommended LiFePo settings should be? I want to set mine such that it charges only to 80% (and I know that's difficult to set because you have to charge fully and discharge until 20% of the amps are used then hope that voltage is somewhere on the shoulder).

I have my Rover 40 on Li mode and then I adjusted the target charge voltage to 13.75 using the app over the BT connection

Back