diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Rover 40a voltage controller

WIguy

I am very confused. Will says on his site that the controllers he recommends have the ability to over panel. I am interested in the Rover 40a, but I asked Renogy via email I get:

Thank you for contacting Renogy. Yes you may. As long as you do not exceed beyond 520W on 12V.

We'll, over paneling IS exceeding the 520w, is it not? I need to connect my two 310w panels into the Renogy 40a controller. Who's right??? Thanks!!!

I am very confused. Will says on his site that the controllers he recommends have the ability to over panel. I am interested in the Rover 40a, but I asked Renogy via email I get:

Thank you for contacting Renogy. Yes you may. As long as you do not exceed beyond 520W on 12V.

We'll, over paneling IS exceeding the 520w, is it not? I need to connect my two 310w panels into the Renogy 40a controller. Who's right??? Thanks!!!
Sounds like Regony was referring to inverter.

you think Will is correct in saying that I can over panel the Renogy Rover 40a controller
If you read the Renogy instruction manual, always a good idea even if most are poorly written, it contradicts itself.
Renogy manual A.jpg
Renogy manual B.jpg

The degree of over panel you are considering is not excessive and you will rarely, if ever, have solar conditions to produce the maximum from the panels. My interpretation of the manual is that the unit can be over panelled safely.

Mike

So you think Will is correct in saying that I can over panel the Renogy Rover 40a controller?
For me, thats a matter if what risk you're willing to take. Odds are in favor of being able to over-panel, by a long mark, yet there are rules/set limitations, for a reason.

U get what I'm saying. Will went out on limb and said its fine. More than not, it is fine. I fall on side of I would never say all clear unless 100%.

Sorry not answer you're looking for.

For me, thats a matter if what risk you're willing to take. Odds are in favor of being able to over-panel, by a long mark, yet there are rules/set limitations, for a reason.

U get what I'm saying. Will went out on limb and said its fine. More than not, it is fine. I fall on side of I would never say all clear unless 100%.

Sorry not answer you're looking for.
We'll, on Amazon it says this for the EPever 40a controller:

• This 40 amp MPPT Solar Panel Charger works with 600W Solar Panel on 12V Battery System and 1200W on 24V Battery. Max Solar Panel 1560W, multiple load mode allow you set the load on/off in different situation. A Solid State Relay is recommended if you are using a Power Inverter
So I think I'm going to sell my Renogy 30a and get the EPever 40a. I was told on another thread here that I can 3x = 1560w. Seems like a winner!!

Renogy 30a and get the EPever 40a. I
I would not be surprised is the Renogy unit has the same inside as the Epever. Save your self from loads of grief and buy Victron Smart.

Mike

Back