diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Rover MPPT 20A programming: How to turn off load automatically when no PV power

Tillerman

Hi all,
I have a solar pond aeration setup. The Renogy Rover MPPT 20A SCC manual says you can turn the load ON for 1 to 14 hours when there’s no power from the panels.
I’d like to know if it’s possible to turn OFF the load when there’s no power from the panels ?
I know it can be done manually (load parameter set at 15), but I'd like to know if it's possible to do it automatically?
Thank you

All MPPT with load ports have different control options. If it's not described in the manual, it's likely not possible.

You could raise your LVD to a level that the battery wouldn't see unless it had no solar, but that would likely prevent you from using the timer to power the load when there's no power from the panels as well.

Thank you snoobler. The LVD is set at 11.0V and LV Reconnect at 12.6V for my flooded battery. Not sure if that is a good way to extend the battery life. I just downloaded the Renogy BT app to see if I can change those parameters in User mode.

11.0V is very low. 12.1-12.2 LVD is typically 50% provided the current is 0/very low. If the current pulls the battery down a bit, you can adjust the LVD down lower.

LVD 11.0V and LVR 12.6 are factory settings. I just tried to pair the SCC with the Renogy BT app but with no luck ...despite the manual stating "Battery charging parameters in LI mode and USER mode can be programmed using the Solar Monitoring Software or Renogy BT App". Its a shame because I really enjoy having the VictronConnect BT app on another solar setup I have with a Victron SCC.
It's my 1st time using a Renogy SCC so I have to do more reading and tinkering to find out how to increase the LVD factory setting and/or how to set different load cut-in and cut-out parameters.

Back