diy solar

diy solar

Renogy your so close.. open discussion.

Ni on every package ive had from renogy has arrived damaged, thanks to AMAZON delivery drivers, cant blame renogy for that, every item was protected well enough from AMAZON delivery drivers though and was undamaged inside the Renogy packaging, the few that have arrived in mint condition were all purchased direct from Renogys web site (funny that).
My little Renogy system has been in for 18 months, no issues appart from voltage readings being slightly off, thing is when i check the voltage using various multimeters i get as many differant readings as meters i use, IE check with 7 meters get 7 (slightly) differant readings and yes 2 of the meters are fluke, in fact my system has 3 perminant built in voltage readings and they all differ, i count myself lucky if they are all within .2 of a Volt but the differance changes daily depending on temp in the van.
I've fitted/helped fit 7 renogy systems (mainly Uk canal narrow boats) no issues appart from the apps, they seem to need re-instaling on a regular basis (android), ive had the odd items (2XBT1) that had to go back but i've also had to send back a victron invertor charger that just gave a battery over voltage alarm stright out the box so take from that what you will ?
Instuction manuals are about the best chinese manuals i've had, admitedly it's a broad spread from 100% chinese (no translation), through the usuall chinglish translations (amusing i find), to decent attemps with only the odd error (sometimes less errors in english than many actuall english made items ! ), i have to say i find way more complaints on here from US customers than european ones (reguarding instructions), i started to beleive they are differant in terms of paper instructions ??.
Ive also noticed a LOT of mis reading/wronge manual reading and that's the thing, you rarely hear the good points only the compalints, hense this post to try and level it up.

Back