diy solar

diy solar

Replace AGM setup in Camper Trailer

lillydog

I am think if it might be a good idea to remove my 2 x 100Ah AGM battery system from my camper trailer and use a Bluetti AC200P Portable power system instead.
I am thinking when I am not using the trailer, I can easily remove the Bluetti and use it for anything else I want to power.

BLUETTI AC200P Portable Power Station​

• 2000W AC Pure Sine Wave Inverter (4,800W Surge)
  • 2,000Wh Capacity
  • LiFePO4 Battery with 3,500+ Life Cycles to 80%
  • 13 Outputs For Multiple Devices
  • 7 Ways to Recharge (AC/Solar/Car/Generator/Lead battery/Dual AC/AC+Solar)
  • 700W Max. Solar Input
  • 1200W Max. Fast Dual Charging (Solar + AC Adapter Simultaneously)
  • Eco-friendly/Gas free/Quiet/Cost-effective

Any thoughts?

If you pull the batteries and don't replace them then your trailer's breakaway system will have no power. That's bad.
Good thought, my plan is to plug the Power Pack to the trailer when I am using it, so this would power the Fridge, light, Brakes etc while using it.
My plan is the 25A output for trailer and 10A for fridge.

Does your trailer have slides?
Not sure what you mean by slides, the power system has lights, radio, brakes, pump, TV, fridge and power sockets. No heavy loads topping out at 12.4A and fridge max 4A if I run it all at the same time.

Not sure what you mean by slides, the power system has lights, radio, brakes, pump, TV, fridge and power sockets. No heavy loads topping out at 12.4A and fridge max 4A if I run it all at the same time.
Travel trailers often have slide outs. Mine has 2. The trailer’s converter charger often doesn’t have enough oomph to run that motor without a battery.

Bobert meant slide-out, like many fifth wheel trailers have.

Are you planning to plug the trailer's shore power cable into the Power Pack?

Don’t know if you have seen this video but this fellow is doing the same thing in his converted box trailer.

Back