diy solar

diy solar

Replacement battery for yeti 1400

Acidic

I did some search and did t see anything..
So I got lucky and a client gifted me a yeti 1400 wifi today. since it didn't work and they were just going to trash it, as they already replaced it. Was looking at buying a GZ.. and couldn't pass up a free unit perhaps in need of some TLC.

So in testing the battery with a dmm I get zero volts on the battery and from the balance plug with it out of the yeti system.

Im Guessing there is no way to bring the battery pack back if it's a hard 0.0V.

I do have a icharger 406 lipo charger and can make a wiring rig for it if I know what charge settings to do. But it normally doesn't like to charge cells that already dropped below 3v. Unless I select PB battery, and mess with settings.

Looking online for replacement give me no results. Have emailed GZ about a replacement.

Hooking up one of my 3s 8ah lipo rc car battery. Made the unit turn on but said zero charge left and no outputs would work.

Is there a way to hook up a amg or a liFe battery to this unit to make it work?

My goal for the yeti is to put in my work sprinter van. Connected to the yeti will be my Milwaukee 6 port rapid charger. And my Dyson car DC charger. A rare use of corded concrete sds drill when no power available and same with 12in miter saw. I was think perhaps a solar panel and a DC to DC charger for alternator charging.

My guess is this yeti lived plugged into a wall for a few years as a house emergency back up and never saw any use really so thinking perhaps just sat over charged to long untill the Dendrites shorted it?

But also the wall charger that came with it outputs only 5.3v. Not the 16v output it's rated for... So perhaps just the wall charger is bad?

Hooking 12v 600w bench power supply to the unit terminal turns unit on but no outputs.

If put battery back in and put 12v bench supply to the Anderson poles input. The unit will make some beeps but no lights on the screen.

Totally open if there is a way to mod this unit however to make it work.

If I am not mistaken, you can send a lithium Yeti to Goal Zero for a battery replacement and they will send it back to you. This service is quite a bit cheaper than replacing it, I believe.

I'll look into that been talking with GZ tech support.

They sent me a mmtp and I ordered a new ac adapter. My ac adapter I got with unit is not work. So with new ac adapter the unit turns on when plugged into the mmtp but unit will just beep if plugged into the stock input.

Been charging for 24h and no charge capacity shown still says zero charge.

So definitely battery is dead.

I'll just send the unit back to them for repair or replacement.

But if able to just get something off the shelf locally that will work would be awesome....

I opened up my Yeti 400 and poked around a bit. I don’t think the lithium versions are meant to be opened by the user, but if you are comfortable doing it, you could see if the battery is removable and if it is how much space you have to work with in fitting a new battery.

Back