diy solar

diy solar

Replacement fuse chart

Haha, I like the Auto-Alert one...

Kabang! "Honey can you check the fuse for the bathroom, I just lost power"

Guy sitting on couch still, "Yeah it Blew #4 again, I'll replace it in a minute, it's almost half time, I need to put a bigger one in there anyway"...

You are making a joke but this is for real. I tuck this my self in a mobile home. The boot lace is usually a little tighter when the furnace breaker is not tripped. That was the reason I found the mess. If you are wandering yes the panel door was closed.

Attachments

• IMG_9746.jpg
    IMG_9746.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Yup… I’ve seen it where the breaker has zip ties holding the handle, I’ve seen it where the handle has a screw jammed into the handle, seen so much stupidity… I still run into the round fuse panels in homes… with 30A fuses on #14 wire…
Pennies under them as well…

Yep-- In the years before breakers and ground fault outlets --on a Construction site a dime was the optimal choice for the round screw in fuses -- Metal Handled tools in wet conditions -- what could go wrong

Well… the foil from various sources wrapped around a fuse… yes.

I've used the foil trick, and I've used bolts before in automotive fuses (back when I worked on the farm), to get by in a bind. Of course for me, it was only temporary until I could get to the auto parts store to get more fuses... Generally now, I just keep more fuses on hand so I never run out (since I am better at planning now)....

You are making a joke but this is for real. I tuck this my self in a mobile home. The boot lace is usually a little tighter when the furnace breaker is not tripped. That was the reason I found the mess. If you are wandering yes the panel door was closed.

Could be so easily fixed by rewiring the dryer for 120V instead of 240V. Or just using "low heat" setting.

Although why a 30A breaker tripped I don't know. Something other than a dryer being powered?

Yup… I’ve seen it where the breaker has zip ties holding the handle, I’ve seen it where the handle has a screw jammed into the handle, seen so much stupidity… I still run into the round fuse panels in homes… with 30A fuses on #14 wire…
Pennies under them as well…

I haven't actually used pennies, but I did screw fuses onto wire lugs to connect my buzz box for a job. (bypassing the fuse, which gave enough current)

1641237521406.png

Back