diy solar

diy solar

Replacing my Hymer camper van’s lithium batteries. Plug and play?

Very nice battery box!

Do you have an electical wiring diagram and schema of your 80/20 build?

Is it this multiplus (12/3000/120)?
https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multiplus-ii-2x-120v
That is the inverter and unfortunately I don’t have a schematic, but I basically used the rec bms system with wakespeed and victron compatibility. Their schematic is below and mine is essentially the same except with the wakespeed alternator and no solar. As far as the 80/20 goes, I took measurements and tweaked them while creating the stand so I don’t have hard numbers regarding size.
5B378D2D-2923-4383-9F41-95F5A4DAA9EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got everything installed and reinstalled the oem cabinet. Everything seems to be working correctly. I’m still waiting to see how much cooling I need before fabricating a front cabinet cover.E9BD4747-F3FC-4992-83C4-A1B2FB3C0217.jpeg42B31968-A8D7-4B0D-8AE1-0E1F2D2029D5.jpeg

Just an update as this is my pseudo build thread. My ultimate goal with this build was to use the van without hookups and have effective AC that I could run overnight without little difficulty. Over the past week, I installed the Proair 20,000 btu undermount AC system I purchased from undermountac.com, which has been working great. However, I have yet to truly stress test the unit.4B68BA10-B5FB-43AC-931C-345AFAC8546F.jpeg7DF58A95-28A0-4BAC-803B-7E9C9C56AFEC.jpegA8EC592D-FD15-42BB-830B-5B8CE2A7219E.jpegEF60F196-2E1E-4625-B913-6C4165669C65.jpegB140FB1D-5461-4C71-9180-79FAA9205560.jpeg

Last edited:
Wanted to let you know that you can install a panel on the top of a Hymer with the Pop-up option using two sided tape. I have done it and it works but requires know how and engineering.

I have also built a New battery that fits within the KS2 L1 and H1 casing but has new BMS with bluetooth connectivity, robust heating circuit, on/off switch with blue light indicator and new batery cells.

Let me know if you would like more info. Brett Lipeles - Sedona RV Repair - Sedona AZ

Wanted to let you know that you can install a panel on the top of a Hymer with the Pop-up option using two sided tape. I have done it and it works but requires know how and engineering.

I have also built a New battery that fits within the KS2 L1 and H1 casing but has new BMS with bluetooth connectivity, robust heating circuit, on/off switch with blue light indicator and new batery cells.

Let me know if you would like more info. Brett Lipeles - Sedona RV Repair - Sedona AZ
I have the same Hymer with the Popup and a solar panel on the top.

I have to replace one of my original batteries but was thinking of replacing them both. Do you have any info you can share on how you have replaced the L1 and H1 batteries?

I have the same Hymer with the Popup and a solar panel on the top.

I have to replace one of my original batteries but was thinking of replacing them both. Do you have any info you can share on how you have replaced the L1 and H1 batteries?
I rebuild the original battery box with a new BMS and heating circuits. In some cases I replace the battery cores. I’m many cases the cores themselves are in fine working condition but the BMS and / or solenoids are not functional. I’m not ready to disclose my process as the rebuilding is part of my business services but if you would like me to rebuild a battery for you let me know. Maybe the best excuse you have to travel to Sedona sons of the finest scenery, hiking and mountain biking in the US!

I rebuild the original battery box with a new BMS and heating circuits. In some cases I replace the battery cores. I’m many cases the cores themselves are in fine working condition but the BMS and / or solenoids are not functional. I’m not ready to disclose my process as the rebuilding is part of my business services but if you would like me to rebuild a battery for you let me know. Maybe the best excuse you have to travel to Sedona sons of the finest scenery, hiking and mountain biking in the US!
How can I get in contact? I have two ecotraks id like rebuilt

Back