diy solar

diy solar

REPT 280AH Cells from Exliporc - Making 48v 560AH Battery

It looks like I'm in same boat as @itsmattmp. Originally I ordered EVE 280Ah (17x) mid April from Basen, due to ship this week, then was just asked if I don't mind REPT 280 substitute (see attached 298Ah measurement). I rec'd same REPT spec copy like @itsmattmp above along some picts (attached).

I went ahead and green lighted shipment. Just like pict above, the QR is off to side, and also have the mounting studs, now hoping for the better...

I must say, seems between seasonal storms, trade tariffs, chip shortages, energy shortages - have to wonder what's next? Been waiting on back-ordered gen-set since Feb....
So you bought REPT from BASEN? I did not know that BASEN also sells REPT. Did they charge you the same price as EVE 280Ah? I also try to get EVE from BASEN but I was told they are not in stock, but they did not say anything about REPT cells, that is why I end up getting REPT cells from EXLIPORC instead.

Last edited:
Yep, bought (buying) from Basen. The ordered started about 4/11 that all they had was EVE, then 4/26 took a turn that out of EVE so would I accept REPT. Aside from not have review history (reliability) under my belt like the EVE seemed to offer, it seems like upgrade for high Ah (290) and fixed mount studs (one of the dislikes I had for EVEs). Same price, $87/cell + shipping and DDP.

I welcome any positive or negative feedback on these cells. The design (spec) sheet shows 2-15-2019 release, so it seems there must be some data is available?

I question this claim:

1.This item is REPT Brand new Grade A 3.2V 280Ah ,the QR code is intact.

Maybe one of you could pull back the top covering and confirm it's the original QR code?

Yep, bought (buying) from Basen. The ordered started about 4/11 that all they had was EVE, then 4/26 took a turn that out of EVE so would I accept REPT. Aside from not have review history (reliability) under my belt like the EVE seemed to offer, it seems like upgrade for high Ah (290) and fixed mount studs (one of the dislikes I had for EVEs). Same price, $87/cell + shipping and DDP.

I welcome any positive or negative feedback on these cells. The design (spec) sheet shows 2-15-2019 release, so it seems there must be some data is available?
Looking forward to see the test result, I order mine from EXLIPORC 2 days ago so I hope mine will be tested out good as well. I also try to get LISHEN 272Ah from BASEN as well but they are also out off stock, I bought LISHEN from BASEN last November and they are working well, so right now I am trying to build my second 280Ah pack. I really hope that REPT sell will be good, so far I did not see any review of REPT cells in this forum.
My cells should be here in the end of May.

I question this claim:

1.This item is REPT Brand new Grade A 3.2V 280Ah ,the QR code is intact.

Maybe one of you could pull back the top covering and confirm it's the original QR code?
My cells are not here yet, I just order them 2 days ago.

BTW, I;am surprised that you order it on 4/11 but BASEN did not notify you about the EVE cells issue until 4/26, that is 15 days which means they send out the batteries later than 4/26.
It will be interesting to see if you will get yours before mine or not, I order my on late Sunday night 4/25 from EXLIPORC..

In defense of Basen, they start the clock (for ship-out) upon receipt of payment, which was 4/16 (about 3 days for wired $ to clear). After that, I think they have up to 2 weeks before shipping. I think my order was being entered as they ran out, and now they're asking "am I OK with REPT" as my turn to ship is here. Since I gave them permission now (4/27), I'm expecting ship notice within next 24 hrs (?).
Yes, it will be interesting to see who receives first... stay tuned.

EXLIPORC told me they are going to ship my out before May day holiday which is between May 1st ~ 5th. I did not know that until she told me.

Summer Feng from EXLIPORC:
The batteries normally arranged within one week after payment done, we will have a holiday from 1st to 5th for May Day. So your batteries would be arrange before holiday.

Update on the REPT eta, turns out they're FedExing them - since they felt bad about substituting I guess.
ETA is CincoDeMayo - I went from expecting in 2 mo's (6 - 7 wks) to 2 business days - OMG, I've got a get busy!
Looks like they're shipping from Chino CA - hmmm.

Any suggestions on power supply for top balancing? This will be my first time, so lots of homework - ?

Update on the REPT eta, turns out they're FedExing them - since they felt bad about substituting I guess.
ETA is CincoDeMayo - I went from expecting in 2 mo's (6 - 7 wks) to 2 business days - OMG, I've got a get busy!

Any suggestions on power supply for top balancing? This will be my first time, so lots of homework - ?
Wow! I believe that is where BASEN has its US warehouse, I got a replacement battery to replace my damaged cell from the same location, at first I thought they were going to send the replacement from China which would have taken over 40 days.

Last edited:

Wow. Wish I would have received that sort of treatment.

My FedEx tracking shows new cells due 5/5 - almost here!
This really caught me off guard since they shipped air instead of boat.

I haven't ordered Inverter or BMS not to mention I've never balanced - so a lot of ground to cover!
I do have a charger due this week, so I think I "might" be able to start balancing and charge process this week - less the inverter & BMS?

Stay tuned!

So much for the early delivery.... looks like goods are on the ocean then delivered via FedEx. My confusion was they provided a FedEx # that when I entered showed the 5-5 estimated delivery date... so not sure at the moment when to expect ;-| stay tuned.

So much for the early delivery.... looks like goods are on the ocean then delivered via FedEx. My confusion was they provided a FedEx # that when I entered showed the 5-5 estimated delivery date... so not sure at the moment when to expect ;-| stay tuned.
Bummer. If a seller could figure out a way to even do 2 week delivery on these I think there'd be a lot of demand. One of the most difficult things about solar and batteries is that some products can only be had from China which requires long delivery times. It's a pain.

I am going to chronicle my experience ordering REPT 280AH cells from Exliporc on Alibaba. EVE and Lishen cells have been out of stock or pricey, so I decided to give the REPT cells a try. Gina Zhang at Exliporc sold me 32 cells for right about $3k, including shipping and double bus bars.

I placed the order on April 5, 2021. I was initially told they would ship by April 9, 2021. Then after that date they gave me an excuse that they were out of bus bars. I didn't want to push because I didn't wants to jeopardize getting matched cells. I asked, however, that they test and label each cell for voltage and resistance and then send me photos. They confirmed they would. When I followed up again on April 15, 2021, Gina told me they had sent them to their freight forwarder just the day before.

But despite them claiming to have mailed the cells, they have not sent photos or a tracking number. I have followed up again today, but as of 4/21 no tracking number or photos. I remain hopeful to receive both and to receive matched and labeled cells by the end of May. I will update throughout the process to give others a review of both Exliporc and the REPT cells.

My plan is to build a 48v 560AH battery with the 32 cells and connect them in a 2p16s configuration with a single BMS (Chargery w/ 600 amp solid state relay). This battery will connect to a Growatt 48v 12kw split phase inverter which I hope will run my well pump, lights, a couple refrigerators and a couple air conditioners over the summer. Currently have about 3k watts solar which I'll move over from my 12v system, and may expand to 7k watts. Also planning to add a 48v wind turbine.

Any input, questions and comments on my system design and/or the REPT cells and Exliporc is welcomed.
Where did you find your 48 volt wind turbine? Or have you? I’d like add one to my Sol-Ark at some point.

Where did you find your 48 volt wind turbine? Or have you? I’d like add one to my Sol-Ark at some point.
I haven't bought one yet, but when I do I plan to get it from Missouri Wind and Solar. The controller was more difficult to source. You can get one from Missouri Wind and Solar, but the only one they sell for Lithium batteries costs more than $2k. That's more than double the cost of the turbine. But I found another option I may try - a controller from Tesup: https://www.tesup.us/product-page/buy-12v-24v-48v-wind-charge-controllers-us-usa-amazon

I contacted Tesup and they confirmed to me that their controller should be able to handle the voltages from Missouri Wind and Solar's turbines.

Hi there,
I'm from Greece. I also ordered today from Exliporc 12 pcs. REPT 280Ah to build a 3P4S. On Monday I ordered 12 pcs. Lishen 280Ah from Dongguan Lightning. Hayley told me they were on stock. After payment they sold out and she offers me REPT 280Ah for the same price. But a day before I had an offer from June and Wendy from Exliporc for the REPT 280Ah witch is much better than the price at Dongguan Lightning. Long story short, the refund the money and I ordered at Exliporc from June, DDP shipping to Greece. She told me it takes 25-30 days on seaway. Ah, and sorry for my poor English ;-)

Hi there,
I'm from Greece. I also ordered today from Exliporc 12 pcs. REPT 280Ah to build a 3P4S. On Monday I ordered 12 pcs. Lishen 280Ah from Dongguan Lightning. Hayley told me they were on stock. After payment they sold out and she offers me REPT 280Ah for the same price. But a day before I had an offer from June and Wendy from Exliporc for the REPT 280Ah witch is much better than the price at Dongguan Lightning. Long story short, the refund the money and I ordered at Exliporc from June, DDP shipping to Greece. She told me it takes 25-30 days on seaway. Ah, and sorry for my poor English ;-)
I hope mine will be here in the US around mid June, I cannot wait to see what kind of quality they are, I paid $85 each for mine.

Back