diy solar

diy solar

REPT 280AH Cells from Exliporc - Making 48v 560AH Battery

My cells finally arrived, all except one box. So I'm missing 4 cells. To their credit Exliporc has agreed to overnight me 4 new ones.

But I just discovered last night that 4 of the cells are damaged. Generally the cells have tested at proper voltage and seem well made, but 4 are dented probably from shipping. Are these dents going to cause problems? Should I ask for replacements on these?

Other than the damaged cells most look well matched except one that is 3.29 volts (the rest are at 3.28) and one which looks slightly different because the blue ring in the middle is lighter in color.

But the welded studs look nice. And it shipped with what seems to be a good quality bus bar. It was even in good packaging, but a couple of the boxes looked like they had been crushed and in very poor shape - those were the boxes with dented cells.
That sux. I'm still waiting for my 8x REPT cells shipped May 29. At the rate it takes to get these things if they arrive damaged I'll have to scramble to get another set before heading south for the winter :confused:

Update: So far Exliporc is being helpful and is replacing the missing cells and the damaged cells. They say the replacements should get to me next week or soon after, so I appreciate the speed with which they are moving and the fact that they haven't tried to avoid sending replacements.

I am so glad t
Update: So far Exliporc is being helpful and is replacing the missing cells and the damaged cells. They say the replacements should get to me next week or soon after, so I appreciate the speed with which they are moving and the fact that they haven't tried to avoid sending replacements.
Good to hear that Exliporc is taking responsibility and taking care of the issue, please provide the follow-up on the replacement. BTW, who is your contact at Expliporc, Summer Feng?

Last edited:
Looking at
Total USD$2400 for 16pcs REPT 280Ah +2pcs 8S 150A BMS shipping included from Wendy Leung, curious if anyone has any input on the deal and seller.
Thanks

Looking at
Total USD$2400 for 16pcs REPT 280Ah +2pcs 8S 150A BMS shipping included from Wendy Leung, curious if anyone has any input on the deal and seller.
Thanks
As a point of reference I ordered 8x cells & 2x JBD 150A 4s BMS w/BT and my total was $1125 thru Summer Feng on Apr 29 and they shipped May 29

I haven't bought one yet, but when I do I plan to get it from Missouri Wind and Solar. The controller was more difficult to source. You can get one from Missouri Wind and Solar, but the only one they sell for Lithium batteries costs more than $2k. That's more than double the cost of the turbine. But I found another option I may try - a controller from Tesup: https://www.tesup.us/product-page/buy-12v-24v-48v-wind-charge-controllers-us-usa-amazon

I contacted Tesup and they confirmed to me that their controller should be able to handle the voltages from Missouri Wind and Solar's turbines.

NOT sure if you have ordered anything from Missouri Wind and Solar yet but we stay completely away from them .....

My cells finally arrived, all except one box. So I'm missing 4 cells. To their credit Exliporc has agreed to overnight me 4 new ones.

But I just discovered last night that 4 of the cells are damaged. Generally the cells have tested at proper voltage and seem well made, but 4 are dented probably from shipping. Are these dents going to cause problems? Should I ask for replacements on these?

Other than the damaged cells most look well matched except one that is 3.29 volts (the rest are at 3.28) and one which looks slightly different because the blue ring in the middle is lighter in color.

But the welded studs look nice. And it shipped with what seems to be a good quality bus bar. It was even in good packaging, but a couple of the boxes looked like they had been crushed and in very poor shape - those were the boxes with dented cells.
Not sure if anyone replied to you on this but YES --the way these batteries look in the pictures they are eventually going to cause issues for you damaged like that ... a small dent here or there is no issues ... BUT those have been violently dropped it looks like -- have no idea what the stability inside the battery would be now --

Looking at
Thanks
I’ve ordered from Wendy @ Exploric around May 10th. She was good to deal with, however information on the batteries, shipping process is based all on faith. Wendy was able to send a couple of videos batteries on their floor & being tested. I did not get any pictures before they were boxed and only got pictures of my batteries after they were boxed with my name written on top of them. My batteries should arrive in a couple weeks. There is no shipping or tracking information of any kind from when your battery shipped to the time they hit the US. I was initially given some kind of FedEx tracking number. When I reached out again last week, I was then given a UPS tracking number. Either way, neither one of those tracking numbers show any information other than a label has been created. Exploric says my batteries have made it to US customs and supposedly cleared the customs process waiting to be picked up by the “forwarder”. It all seems a little sketchy to me, but it seems the majority of the people on this forum have ordered batteries from these companies and most of them seem to have good luck with them. But unfortunately you don’t really know what you get until it gets here and you look at it and test it to see what you’ve received.
I do wish if people are going to continue buying batteries in China, these companies would have a better system for delivering their product so that you have some sort of tracking and know where they are. I have seen people waiting months for these batteries when the shipper says they should’ve been there already. When my batteries arrive, I will post an update here to let people know what I got, what condition their in and how they tested.
I did NOT order REPT cells, but I have been following this thread to see what other folks are getting since I ordered from Exploric as well.

I’ve ordered from Wendy @ Exploric around May 10th. She was good to deal with, however information on the batteries, shipping process is based all on faith. Wendy was able to send a couple of videos batteries on their floor & being tested. I did not get any pictures before they were boxed and only got pictures of my batteries after they were boxed with my name written on top of them. My batteries should arrive in a couple weeks. There is no shipping or tracking information of any kind from when your battery shipped to the time they hit the US. I was initially given some kind of FedEx tracking number. When I reached out again last week, I was then given a UPS tracking number. Either way, neither one of those tracking numbers show any information other than a label has been created. Exploric says my batteries have made it to US customs and supposedly cleared the customs process waiting to be picked up by the “forwarder”. It all seems a little sketchy to me, but it seems the majority of the people on this forum have ordered batteries from these companies and most of them seem to have good luck with them. But unfortunately you don’t really know what you get until it gets here and you look at it and test it to see what you’ve received.
I do wish if people are going to continue buying batteries in China, these companies would have a better system for delivering their product so that you have some sort of tracking and know where they are. I have seen people waiting months for these batteries when the shipper says they should’ve been there already. When my batteries arrive, I will post an update here to let people know what I got, what condition their in and how they tested.
I did NOT order REPT cells, but I have been following this thread to see what other folks are getting since I ordered from Exploric as well.

so technically they could give you a tracking number - well there are 6 numbers for 6 stages it goes thru -- - for you to track from the time that it goes from their facility to your house. The issue is that Americans won't just relax -- they start calling - and emailing - and calling - and texting -- and that's just the first day ....

batteries are taking 60 days .... if they gave you all 6 tracking numbers for the entire 6 stages it goes through you would be asking them - hey why is it still at your regional collection point -- why is it still on the dock -- why is it still on the ship -- why is it waiting for the cargo container to get full -- why is it in LAX customs so long .. etc ect and they simply don't have the answers -- like you they are at the mercy of things lining up ... the fastest I ever got batteries was 23 days -- all the stars lined up .. the following week same company - same order -- 63 days ... thats why NONE of the shippers overseas gives you all the details ...

so technically they could give you a tracking number - well there are 6 numbers for 6 stages it goes thru -- - for you to track from the time that it goes from their facility to your house. The issue is that Americans won't just relax -- they start calling - and emailing - and calling - and texting -- and that's just the first day ....

batteries are taking 60 days .... if they gave you all 6 tracking numbers for the entire 6 stages it goes through you would be asking them - hey why is it still at your regional collection point -- why is it still on the dock -- why is it still on the ship -- why is it waiting for the cargo container to get full -- why is it in LAX customs so long .. etc ect and they simply don't have the answers -- like you they are at the mercy of things lining up ... the fastest I ever got batteries was 23 days -- all the stars lined up .. the following week same company - same order -- 63 days ... thats why NONE of the shippers overseas gives you all the details ...
I won’t argue with much that, good points. However how often do you give thousands of dollars to strangers overseas with mostly no repercussions if you don’t get what you ordered, shows up damaged or it never shows up? I think that’s why some folks won’t relax. I think that goes for most folks, not just “Americans”. I’m not rich, so I get uncomfortable handing thousands over with out some sort of assurance. I have seen people on these forums get ripped too.
This is a great reason Americans need to get their heads on straight, get off their butts and make batteries and technology here!! If any one has not seen Wills’ video, America vs China rant, I think every one should watch.

I won’t argue with much that, good points. However how often do you give thousands of dollars to strangers overseas with mostly no repercussions if you don’t get what you ordered, shows up damaged or it never shows up? I think that’s why some folks won’t relax. I think that goes for most folks, not just “Americans”. I’m not rich, so I get uncomfortable handing thousands over with out some sort of assurance. I have seen people on these forums get ripped too.
This is a great reason Americans need to get their heads on straight, get off their butts and make batteries and technology here!! If any one has not seen Wills’ video, America vs China rant, I think every one should watch.
The only ppl that should worry are those that are using a "wire" or NON-Credit Card route ... so we ordered $8800 worth of batteries a while back .... everything went wrong ... excuse after excuse -- I think allot of it had to do with issues between DHL and FEDEX but our bloody batteries set in El Paso waiting for someone to bring them to use about 90 miles away in the middle of the desert ... after 2 weeks of excuses and NO batteries I simply let MASTERCARD know that the batteries were either lost or not coming and they IMMEDIATELY charged back the Battery company .... That morning i got emails from the compny saying that all of them were going to get fired and I was taking food out of their childrens mouths and blah blah blah and if i only would cancel the ChargeBack they could work on getting me my batteries .... I said NO -- if I get my batteries within a few days I will cancel the ChargeBack - otherwise I am ordering from someone else -- 24 hours later (64) batteries arrived on a FEDEX 18 wheeler that FEDEX sent just to deliver the batteries ...

PAYING BY CREDIT CARD IS THE ONLY SAFE WAY ....

The only ppl that should worry are those that are using a "wire" or NON-Credit Card route ... so we ordered $8800 worth of batteries a while back .... everything went wrong ... excuse after excuse -- I think allot of it had to do with issues between DHL and FEDEX but our bloody batteries set in El Paso waiting for someone to bring them to use about 90 miles away in the middle of the desert ... after 2 weeks of excuses and NO batteries I simply let MASTERCARD know that the batteries were either lost or not coming and they IMMEDIATELY charged back the Battery company .... That morning i got emails from the compny saying that all of them were going to get fired and I was taking food out of their childrens mouths and blah blah blah and if i only would cancel the ChargeBack they could work on getting me my batteries .... I said NO -- if I get my batteries within a few days I will cancel the ChargeBack - otherwise I am ordering from someone else -- 24 hours later (64) batteries arrived on a FEDEX 18 wheeler that FEDEX sent just to deliver the batteries ...

PAYING BY CREDIT CARD IS THE ONLY SAFE WAY ....
Thats awesome. Lol taking food out of their kids mouths, priceless.
Great job, glad it worked out.
I'm planning on ordering from mike caro here on the forum shortly.

Looking at
Thanks
I don’t know if you have heard of Dongguan lightning. I’m talking to Hayley. She told me that they have tested the capacity of rept280, which tested that the capacity of rept is 290Ah and showed me the test data.

I just received my cells from Exliporc, still currently opening them (over halfway to 68) but was curious if or how many of your cells seem to be more swollen than others? Just curious if this what others have been seeing?

I just received my cells from Exliporc, still currently opening them (over halfway to 68) but was curious if or how many of your cells seem to be more swollen than others? Just curious if this what others have been seeing?
Mine were damaged, but didn't seem swollen. I'm using ratchet straps for compression to keep them from swelling. What are others using? Think ratchet straps will work ok?

Mine were damaged, but didn't seem swollen. I'm using ratchet straps for compression to keep them from swelling. What are others using? Think ratchet straps will work ok?
It’s some folks are using threaded rods & plywood to compress. None of mine were damaged and the swollen ones aren’t too bad from what I’ve been reading...but I’m curious to how mine are compared to others...
To compress my cells in I’m using 2-threaded rods between each pack of cells (4p16s) and 5/16” thick aluminum plate instead of plywood.

It’s some folks are using threaded rods & plywood to compress. None of mine were damaged and the swollen ones aren’t too bad from what I’ve been reading...but I’m curious to how mine are compared to others...
To compress my cells in I’m using 2-threaded rods between each pack of cells (4p16s) and 5/16” thick aluminum plate instead of plywood.
Yeah, my concern with plywood is that it's flammable. Not that it should be getting hot enough to start a fire, but I've had some close calls before with some faulty fuses (always use a UL rated fuse). My concern with using metal is having some kind of accidental contact with the metal and the terminals. Right now I've ratcheted them directly, but I'm looking at cutting out pieces of tile just slightly larger than the cells, and strapping ratchet straps around those so the inflammable tile compresses the cells. If only I had a tile saw...

Do they make threaded rods long enough for 16 cells in a row?

Back