diy solar

diy solar

Research paper on charging LifePO4-----anybody read this.

harpo

Good at many things, master of none
One of the moderators referenced this site so, being interested in charging LifePO4 batteries I checked out one of the articles listed (the one linked below).

The author makes a statement that LifePO4 batteries are much easier to charge than lead acid then goes on to make a case that charging these cells correctly is indeed a complicated process. The author also went into detail about how this chemistry will develop a "memory" if not charged and discharged a certain way. I have never heard this anywhere else. I am going to post the link and would really like comments and thoughts on this seemingly academic paper.
There are a number of papers presented on the site I pulled this from so it is very possible I will link other papers and solicit comments. Enjoy reading (pick a time and place with no distractions for about 30 minutes)

I just looked at how the link was posted and it posted a link to the site with all the papers listed. The one referenced here is Practical Characteristics of Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery cells.

The source information was posted recently.

The use of "memory" in this context is VERY misleading. The result is an extremely slight change in voltage (less than 0.01V) response. This "memory" effect stays constant once present and doesn't affect capacity or voltage response moving forward.

It is essentially completely irrelevant to the user of a DIY solar installation.

Back