diy solar

diy solar

Residential Solar

Wlester

I purchased a kit from Signature Solar with 28 BlueSun 460W panels and 3 EG4_LL 100 Ah Batteries. I ordered a Solark 12K Inverter separately because signature solar didn't offer a hybrid capable of putting power back to the grid also. Am I ok with 12,880 Watts total worth of panels and 15,360 Wh of battery capacity? Also, any recommendations on how many panels to wire in series and how many in parallel?

8 panels in series X 3 parallel strings; you'll have 4 left over for a rainy day

The Sol-arc can only handle so many amps-I think you have a few to many panels for it? I have 9600 watts on my sol-arc and it approching the max. Now the 15KW sol arc could handle it-check it out

I am planning on wiring 4 strings of 7 panels. 2 sets of 2 strings in parallel for 22 amps and 357 volts each going to the inverter. The Sol-Ark spec sheet says it has 2 MPPT inputs capable of 20 Amps each. I spoke with Sol-Ark over the phone and they said the 22 Amps per input would be fine. So in short I'm withing the Voltage range (150-425V), Amps range (20 Amps), and Wattage range (13,000 W).

Back