diy solar

diy solar

(Resolved) Chargery not reading cell voltages

extraj

Edit: It was a bad crimp on the negative wire! It's always something simple... Sorry for the clutter.

--------

I just hooked up my chargery bms for the first time, and it's wildly off on all but one cell voltage, and is not even reading any voltage from 5 out of 8 cells. I've checked each cell manually, and have carefully checked all of my crimps and connections. Everything looks good. The cells read 3.317 at the terminals. The connector is seated into the back of the bms.

Some basics:
* Chargery BMS8T, brand new. "Version BMS08C3_V4.00"
* Firmware: 4.01
* New EVE 280ah Cells from Xuba / Amy

Any ideas? @Chargery @Steve_S
Thanks in advance.

1604002081353.png
1604002260322.png
1604002069252.png

Last edited:
I would remove the 9-wire connector from the BMS and carefully measure voltage at the back of the connector. Insert neg probe to back side of black wire connection. Measure voltage to other wires at the back of the connector.

You may need to use a needle as a thin, pointy probe.

If you see all 8 voltages then the BMS is suspicious of being defective.

I would remove the 9-wire connector from the BMS and carefully measure voltage at the back of the connector. Insert neg probe to back side of black wire connection. Measure voltage to other wires at the back of the connector.

You may need to use a needle as a thin, pointy probe.

If you see all 8 voltages then the BMS is suspicious of being defective.
Yep, that's exactly what I did! At first, I couldn't get readings on any of them, but it's all because there was something wrong with the crimp on the negative connector.

Operator error, as usual.

Back